Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Couple things needs fixing for pvp

First of all, not being able to loot in water is retarded. If you want to make water safezones make you unable to attack in water as well. If you want us to combat in water, let us loot also.

Combat in water but with no rewards is just griefing.

Secondly, I dont know if this is a new "feature" or just some good old exploit, but getting the message "you dont have permissions to do that" when trying to look in ppls backpack after you kill them is also pretty bad.

And lastly, getting "you cant do that" when trying to loot noob items, is this a new feature? Is the noobitems blessed now?

Added, you killed a guy with all hes stuff in the mainbag, amor, weapons tools and random craft gear, I couldnt loot any of it, got the message "you cant do that", this exploit needs fixed.

so imagine im cutting down a tree, someone aproaches and attacks me, i fight back and start wining, he will run to the water so i wont be able to loot it right? awesome mechanics,plz devs fix these things, its what trully breaks a sandbox game

Yeah the water bug has been on the radar for a while I believe.

I think a problem has to do with the ability to set permission of bags within your main pack.. set permission on the ground pick it up .. put it in slot and now you have "banked" your pack items.

I think there are several other areas in pvp that need serious attention. the fact that armour seems to make 0% diffrence is a joke. I get 2 or 3 shotted wearing almost a full set of bear bone.. no real differnce then fighting 100% naked.

I'd like to see when you press "C" for combat mode that it instantly puts you in first person view.. since combat seems to be twitch based it make since for you to be in first person.
    You should see only your hands/weapon and a small crosshair.

4th you should have an advantage if you hit someone in their back. currently it doesn't matter where you hit someone the damage modifier is the same.

3rd problem... unarmed combat is extremely op. They hit for same damage without a weapon only swing 2 times as fast? Surely this is something unintended and over looked.

it has been known for quite a while that combat / pvp in the game needs work. It has already been stated that they have hired another programmer to take this on as the world progresses.

you are not getting a complete game at launch, there is just some stuff you have to wait for.

X2 the armor. Like coca said makes no difference what you are wearing. This is going to make for a real short lived game until he gets that implemented/fixed. In other words = crafting is pointless. lol

yes there is a lot of things about PVP that needs to be fixed, remember the combat mechanics are not even implemented yet either, right now combat exist as point and press 1 or 2. There is a reason why the Prelude is meant to be more about building the world rather than combat. The next phase is supposed to add the combat mechanics, tribal warfare, seiges etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    yes there is a lot of things about PVP that needs to be fixed, remember the combat mechanics are not even implemented yet either, right now combat exist as point and press 1 or 2. There is a reason why the Prelude is meant to be more about building the world rather than combat. The next phase is supposed to add the combat mechanics, tribal warfare, seiges etc.
    armor with 0 affects on PvE/PvP needs addressed asap though (not really a combat mechanic). That's a lot of "meat and potatoes" missing from the game don't you think? That affects crafting, trading, economy, etc. all of which you need in order to "build" the world correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    armor with 0 affects on PvE/PvP needs addressed asap though (not really a combat mechanic). That's a lot of "meat and potatoes" missing from the game don't you think? That affects crafting, trading, economy, etc. all of which you need in order to "build" the world correctly.
    yes you are right if armor has 0 affects, i'm sure things like that will get taken care of maybe not as fast as some would like but i'm willing to give the dev's the benefit of the doubt whether the games turns out to my taste or not i appreciate the kind of world that xyson is trying to make.