MMORPG.COM has a new article

Hey all,

The article that was put up just a little bit ago is quite good. Go leave your comments and lets drive some hype.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...New-World.html

Was a pleasure to have morris with us to inspire him to this great preview
    Let's hope for more

I left a positive comment.

We have to be careful though. Jordi can barely get the current subscriber base on one server with out his code blowing up, so I am a little hesitant to bring another swarm of new players in atm only to have it all break again next week. lol

First impressions can be vital for mmorpg shoppers now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    I left a positive comment.

We have to be careful though. Jordi can barely get the current subscriber base on one server with out his code blowing up, so I am a little hesitant to bring another swarm of new players in atm only to have it all break again next week. lol

First impressions can be vital for mmorpg shoppers now a days.
    big 10-4 on that...a great review will only lead to more players, we cant even handle the players that are left playing (many are just waiting for final launch).

last thing this game needs is another thousand players logging in before the lag is fixed, making it worse, leading to anger, and thus leading to a neagative viral marketing campaign, something that site is quite famous for. People are still trolling the AoC forums because of its poor launch... if you want some idea on how that site works with disgruntled players..

personally id keep the game as low key as possible untill it was launch ready, to avoid such a situation, but thats just me...

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    big 10-4 on that...a great review will only lead to more players, we cant even handle the players that are left playing (many are just waiting for final launch).

last thing this game needs is another thousand players logging in before the lag is fixed, making it worse, leading to anger, and thus leading to a neagative viral marketing campaign, something that site is quite famous for. People are still trolling the AoC forums because of its poor launch... if you want some idea on how that site works with disgruntled players..

personally id keep the game as low key as possible untill it was launch ready, to avoid such a situation, but thats just me...
    100% agree.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    100% agree.
    also did they render those screenshots? or is there a setting that im missing...im maxed out on everything and would kill to have the game look like that.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    also did they render those screenshots? or is there a setting that im missing...im maxed out on everything and would kill to have the game look like that.
    ati 5770 and core2duo 2.9 , max settings (hight not adv shadows) I have that sort of grapics. dont forget tho.. screenshotting is art to. there some real nice scenes in the game and the characters are actualy kinda good if you zoom in and use angles.

Im also only using 1360*768 resolution, so that helps aswell to make the screen looks more highres (the bigger the screen / resolutuon the more blocky it becomes)

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    ati 5770 and core2duo 2.9 , max settings (hight not adv shadows) I have that sort of grapics. dont forget tho.. screenshotting is art to. there some real nice scenes in the game and the characters are actualy kinda good if you zoom in and use angles.

Im also only using 1360*768 resolution, so that helps aswell to make the screen looks more highres (the bigger the screen / resolutuon the more blocky it becomes)
    im runnin 1440x900, i took shadows off because they were pissing me off, like rotating squares, was more annoying for me, but i dont mind not using shadows, and its the first thing i turn off if the game is graphic intense, as id prefer better textures AA and the fancy stuff over shadows anyway...personal prefernce however.

Game looks 100x better during the day also versus the night. Most of those ss were taken during the day (smart). LOL

I'm mostly impressed by the number of times he mispelled Xsyon.

o_O'