Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Saolite View Post
    Which would also make the need to hide bodyguards ( PvP-oriented characters ), plan trade routes ( can't go off trading forever with unlimited supplies ), and of course would create player reknown and push commerce along; even if it was only in bartering. The more player involvement and player-driven scenario's, the better a sandbox can be ( usually. There have been rare exceptions where this was counter-productive ).

I for one will be very happy to see if any players risk their wares for profit as they try to sell their items to tribes throughout the world. It would be a worthwhile, and admittedly very risky, business.
    I fully intend to do so, with or without guards. Just not sure how it will work out.

I don't believe a global Auction House is coming and wouldn't want one for the sole reason of it breaks the game's immersion factor. Just as the red Global chat does now. I should not be able to talk to someone on the other side of the lake and I would have no idea what they were selling in this setting.

IMHO As it did in the past, it will in Xsyon. Certain tribes will become known as trade hubs. Certain merchants I hope would be known as producing quality items for a good price and people will travel to get those items from those trade hub towns, or from the small village that might be the vendors home. All of this information will pass through word of mouth with local chat or common talking, no global system as there shouldn't be that technology in this setting.

SWG is the closest system to what I envision in Xsyon only without the Bazaar or search ability. Totems I believe will become like NPC vendors (similar to the quest system) and well run towns will become the trade hubs of the land. This will bring crowds, and spur on other supporting businesses such as taverns, logistic types (haulers and bodyguards)...and yes, thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    I truly believe that the invention of Auction Houses is one of the biggest destroyers of community and socializing in modern MMO games.

The auction house takes trade where people must interact and turns it into a nameless, faceless system where people simply buy stuff out of a shopping-cart like system. No one cares who crafted stuff. Relationships are not developed through AH trade like they are when you run your own in-house shop. No one has to travel to find high quality goods from master crafters, reputations are not built, trade agreements are not forged, etc. AH systems are lazy development, IMO.

What say you?
    Since there is no MONEY.....the Auction House would be pretty useless............

Xsyon Citizen
    I have tought of that issue as well - so trading ... well it IS important, and it will happen!
    It starts with children at the age of about 4 - they really start to trade "Can I stay awake longer, I'll clean up my room if i may :-)"
    Thats the first stage of trading

So I guess something like "wandering" trades will emerge from the community, people that wander around from tribe to tribe and conduct trade - or even deliver some sort of messages ... I refer to the film "Postman" of course ;-)

The more likely solution will be to make use of the forum to announce needs and trades.

Probably depends on how immersed the players/tribes want to be - putting locations on the forum will likely also attract Pvp and "evil" players - even now some players "protect" the paths to the more experienced / resourceful players in the game - and they request "toll" for passing ...

With the global chat gone (and I really hope that they keep that idea of "shouting range") - communication will be limited to a small area. So its up to some players, that come around alot. However in-game messages will be important, because otherwise it is quite certain that people will choose the forum to relay messages to other players - especially if they are not in the same time-zone.

I am happy to be able to experience and find out how this will work out in the game - and I guess the developers are also looking forward to see how players will cope with the situation

Have fun and kill any trolls on sight :-P

Xsyon Citizen
    Just found this on the FAW Developer Forumpost:

* Can you explain how the market system will work, as in how will we be doing trades?

Players will be able to post items with prices at a trade totem.

/vote for close of the thread (as the plans of the developers are revealed in the FAQ section)