Current Death System makes PvP a pointless mess.

The current death system is very flawed.

If you kill someone 1 on 1 you have 30 seconds to loot him, get to 60% energy and get far enough away from him just to avoid getting jumped by him.

As bad as that is, group PvP is even worse. if one person goes down he can ghost over to where anyone who is wounded is resting, appear behind him and one/two shot him.

The result is a messy cluster F that doesn't end until both parties decide they've had enough. (not when one side is dead and the other isn't)

Even good characters should spawn at their totems after death. This is the only way to resolve this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    The current death system is very flawed.

If you kill someone 1 on 1 you have 30 seconds to loot him, get to 60% energy and get far enough away from him just to avoid getting jumped by him.

As bad as that is, group PvP is even worse. if one person goes down he can ghost over to where anyone who is wounded is resting, appear behind him and one/two shot him.

The result is a messy cluster F that doesn't end until both parties decide they've had enough. (not when one side is dead and the other isn't)

Even good characters should spawn at their totems after death. This is the only way to resolve this mess.
    +1. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    There's been a bit of arguing here, but it really sounds like you're all on the same page to me.

The system will be revised after I patch out the tribe rank system and I think JCatano outlined it best. I'm convinced, there will be no respawn at your body. There will definitely be no forced 'ghost runs', but I'll let you stand and suffer a ghost for a minute while you watch your enemies loot you. :P

I like Jadzia's idea about being able to bind at ally tribes. I think solo players should be able to bind at friendly tribes. I'll consider the bind slots for a few items. I just need to think about how to implement and display that properly.

I agree with keeping it simple.

Thanks to everyone for all the input. This is exactly what I'm looking for with Xsyon, making the game you all want to play without compromising the game that I want to play.
    be nice to see that implimented asap

Is there a list on what the devs are focusing on? Without this change group PvP is pointless.

Xsyon pvp..lol.

Just play Darkfall...if you can

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    Is there a list on what the devs are focusing on? Without this change group PvP is pointless.
    I'm pretty sure this will be in by launch or very soon after that.