Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xsyon News

Xsyon News

[center]
    [URL="http://fuismgaming.wordpress.com"][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Dothx/thepaper.jpg[/IMG][[/URL][/CENTER]

[SIZE="3"]The Xsyon Newspaper is a player driving paper that reports on all (If possible) local news, global gossip, player gossip, tribal gossip and even the latest updates during the week that have been announced. The Editions are made of a max twenty-three page long and a minimal of eight pages long. [/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Who Runs the Xsyon News:[/SIZE]
    The Xsyon News is run by Chief Editor Furanku and Fallen Lords Tribe located in 904/864 area of the game.

What Will be in Each Edition:
    Each Week we will host a theme that will be unique from the last. However, what is standard is the following

1. An Editors Message (2 page spread) that has the opinions of the Editor and at least one to two articles expressing his opinions.
    2. Tribal News: Which will show what tribes (that have made it into that weeks edition) are up to.
    3. Global News: What is happening globally in Xsyon mundane or interesting.
    4. Xsyon Updates: News about the updates that Xsyon has posted on the forums.
    5. Player Run Articles: A place for players to write an Article pertaining to the Xsyon.
    6. Classifies: A place where players can create Ad's for Trade, Recruitment and setting up events.
    7. Tribe of the Week: We will host a Tribe of the Week until we run out of Active Tribes to present.

These are the things we are trying to place in each Edition, and will be looking forward to adding fresh things as time proceeds on hinging on on what Xsyon will offer us in the future.

[SIZE="4"]Can I Help:[/SIZE]
    Yes, the Xsyon news would love to have players offer us Articles in our "Player ran Articles" and the deadline for each Article is Thursday of each week, and the latest is Friday before 10am est.

[SIZE="4"]How do I submit something for the Classifies:[/SIZE]
    Easily please contact me on the forums,**or leave a message here in this thread, and I'll reply to you when I can, and I'll tell you what the prerequisites for your section need to be like.

[SIZE="4"]Personal Note: [/SIZE]
    The Xsyon news is a player driven, and I wish to keep that way, and I would love everyone to get everyone*participating in the project making the paper better. Only you the community can improve this idea and make it flourish.

Disclaimer: ****The subject matter, opinions and ideals of this newspaper are not directly supported by the Xsyon company or its personnel unless otherwise noted, and are condoned by this newspaper only.

Link is added within the picture, but here it is as well.

[center][URL="http://www.FuismGaming.com"]Fuism Gaming[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.FuismGaming.com/images/flippingbook/Xsyon/movie.swf"]Xsyon News Edition 01[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.FuismGaming.com/images/flippingbook/Xsyon/edition002/edition2.swf"]Xsyon News Edition 02[/URL] [/center]

The paper may become a weekly thing since it takes a while to put things together.

Now, and this is just my opinion as a graduate of English and journalism, but a truly unbiased news source for Xsyon shouldn't be linked to one particular tribe. In fact, a news organization that covers in-game events and information, as well as quality developer interviews and updates, should transcend in-game politics, and be something developed and maintained with the help of many tribes. On the other hand, if a tribe was to be the sole creator of such a site, it would lend to the source's credibility if that tribe was at least neutral aligned, which I believe Fallen Lords is not.

I do applaud the idea of having a news source/website for Xsyon, as it would be a great way to read up about what's happening in the game world. However, given the current structure you're using, I don't see that ever happening.

Like I mentioned I do not post things that are going on about Pandemic and infact, I have not posted anything regarding pandemic for a while now. I have made only 2 post's regarding pandemic.

1. TGM Formed
    2. Pandemic vs hopi tribe.

Nothing else has been around Hopi or Pandemic expect the GM Post regarding "Templar and Hopi tribe"

But I will post things about the game as soon as there is a release of information, and once there is I will post about it.

[QUOTE=furanku;54094][CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Dothx/thepaper.jpg[/IMG]

The Xsyon Paper is an unbiased view on the World of Xsyon, Players, Tribes and World Events. The Paper will report everything that it can get its hands on and will attempt to verify everything before posting it on the site. [/quote]

[QUOTE=furanku;54094]No player of Fallen Lords shall publish anything that might be consider "personal attacks" against any tribe, player or the game itself.[/quote]
    Those two quotes might not actually work together Furanku, on the one hand, you say you will post everything you can get your hands on, but you also say you will not publish anything that might be considered a personal attack.

If I were you, I would combine the two into something like:

"The Xsyon Paper is an unbiased view on the World of Xsyon, Players, Tribes and World Events. The Paper will report everything that it can get its hands on, as long as it is not something that might be considered "personal attacks" against any tribe, player or the game itself"

A good start towards doing so would be to remove most of the news you have posted so far, as in one way or another, the majority of the news items can be considered personal attacks on a person, a tribe, and/or the game itself.

Obviously it is your call, but if you truly want this to be a newspaper for the game and the community, start with a clean slate.

Xsyon Citizen
    [QUOTE=AlexTaldren;54099]Now, and this is just my opinion as a graduate of English and journalism, but a truly unbiased news source for Xsyon shouldn't be linked to one particular tribe. In fact, a news organization that covers in-game events and information, as well as quality developer interviews and updates, should transcend in-game politics, and be something developed and maintained with the help of many tribes. On the other hand, if a tribe was to be the sole creator of such a site, it would lend to the source's credibility if that tribe was at least neutral aligned, which I believe Fallen Lords is not.

I do applaud the idea of having a news source/website for Xsyon, as it would be a great way to read up about what's happening in the game world. However, given the current structure you're using, I don't see that ever happening.[/QUOTE]

There is no such thing as an unbiased news source. News is all about entertainment and sensationalism. It is only in visiting different news sites that you get a clearer picture. Just think of Fallen Lords as Fox News. I'm sure others will step up to the plate.

Two requests to be made here.

1. Can a Mod please delete this thread.
    2. Will you Mods please consider removing Furanku's ability to post on these forums.

His blog is nothing but libel, blatant attempts at defaming certain individuals and tribe, and flame bait.

[QUOTE=Badaboom;54110]There is no such thing as an unbiased news source. News is all about entertainment and sensationalism. It is only in visiting different news sites that you get a clearer picture. Just think of Fallen Lords as Fox News. I'm sure others will step up to the plate.[/QUOTE]

I prefer to be optimistic, and I offered suggestions on how he could best retain credibility in his undertaking. I never said there is 100% objective or unbiased reporting.

[QUOTE=Badaboom;54110]There is no such thing as an unbiased news source. News is all about entertainment and sensationalism. It is only in visiting different news sites that you get a clearer picture. Just think of Fallen Lords as Fox News. I'm sure others will step up to the plate.[/QUOTE]

I agree, and I would not be agaist another person making a News Cast ^_^ It would be interesting for sure!!

[QUOTE=Redemp;54123]Two requests to be made here.

1. Can a Mod please delete this thread.
    2. Will you Mods please consider removing Furanku's ability to post on these forums.

His blog is nothing but libel, blatant attempts at defaming certain individuals and tribe, and flame bait.[/QUOTE]

Can you please not turn this into one of you "waH~~ lets harass furanku again, because we want to troll him"

[QUOTE=byrgar;54109]Those two quotes might not actually work together Furanku, on the one hand, you say you will post everything you can get your hands on, but you also say you will not publish anything that might be considered a personal attack.

If I were you, I would combine the two into something like:

"The Xsyon Paper is an unbiased view on the World of Xsyon, Players, Tribes and World Events. The Paper will report everything that it can get its hands on, as long as it is not something that might be considered "personal attacks" against any tribe, player or the game itself"

A good start towards doing so would be to remove most of the news you have posted so far, as in one way or another, the majority of the news items can be considered personal attacks on a person, a tribe, and/or the game itself.

Obviously it is your call, but if you truly want this to be a newspaper for the game and the community, start with a clean slate.[/QUOTE]

I will take what you said in note, I may change this a few times to clearify exactly what I am trying to do but Thank and keep writing your opinions!

[QUOTE=furanku;54133]
    Can you please not turn this into one of you "waH~~ lets harass furanku again, because we want to troll him"
    [/QUOTE]

I'm not attacking you... here are some blunt suggestions if you want to be taken serious as a gamer in this community, and as a news reporter for Xsyon.

1. Stop attacking other tribes.
    2. Stop attacking individuals.
    3. Remove all libel from your "newspaper" .
    4. Submit a public apology for your actions in game and out.
    5. Actually report for the betterment of the Game.
    6. Start citing your sources for unsubstantiated claims.
    7. Refuse to "publish" any of the following :
    A. Rumors
    B. Slanderous material
    C. Any unsubstantiated claims which you can not prove or provide a credible source for.
    8. Stop coloring every "publish" with your spin on the material, a little reporter bias is acceptable but you need to tone your underlying agendas down.

Until you can do all of the above I will never take anything you write seriously and will forever hold you as an encumbrance to this community, a liability which should be removed. Note that I am not attacking you as an individual, I am aggressively pointing out that your actions on these forums and in game need to change. I do not believe you wish to change, nor that you will ever attempt to change which is why I believe you should be removed from the community.

I think your first story should be my ascension to the throne of Troll King for the Xsyon forums.

And that Star God is now my court jester.