Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Copied from homepage.

"You know nothing. You’ve forgotten the past and have yet to learn the future. You are a lost soul in a strange barren world with little more than the shirt on your back. Little do you know you are destined to become a hero".
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................
    In my opinion ...Homesteads only to start.........That would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiitis View Post
    Copied from homepage.

"You know nothing. You’ve forgotten the past and have yet to learn the future. You are a lost soul in a strange barren world with little more than the shirt on your back. Little do you know you are destined to become a hero".
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................
    In my opinion ...Homesteads only to start.........That would be nice.

And when you start the game you get a random homestead LOL that would shut everyone up LOVE IT <3

Here's my email to Jordi:

Hi Jordi,

Is it possible to add a bit more granularity to the tribal totem system, as you did with adding homesteads?

The problem occuring now is that middle sized tribes have to find a spot big enough to accomodate a full-sized tribe,
    but are restricted to only a small portion of it. And finding those full sized tribe spots in and among the numerous
    homesteads is increasingly difficult.

With the number of homesteads turning up everywhere, a 12 man tribe, for instance, has a big problem finding a
    decent spot that's not blocked by a homestead, given that the tribe is restricted to building only at the exact center
    of thier area and outward.

One suggestion was to allow a tribe to specify where within thier reserved area they would begin building, and allow
    building within the size appropriate radius from that point, rather than as present, from the center of the reserved area.
    Then letting that expand as and if more members joined the tribe, till it filled in the reserved area.

Probably a simpler solution would just be to add more totem size areas.

1-4 member homestead
    5-10 member large homestead
    11-20 member small tribe
    21-40 member medium tribe
    41+ member large tribe

all with appropriate max radius areas. These are examples. Number and size of additional totem types negotiable :P

Then a tribe could pick what they think would be thier max size, and that's what they'd have. If they outgrew that area,
    they start an allied tribe, or find a larger area to accomodate the updated max tribe size.

The current system only serves the 2 extremes...it makes it extremely easy for a solo homesteader to place a totem,
    blocking large zones of land from tribal use, and those largest tribes who can command the numbers can find an area that
    accomodates them, and at least have the use of the majority or all of the area reserved for them.

Everyone in between, the mid sized tribes, probably the majority of players, are ill-served by the system at present.

If homesteads could be destroyed...none of this would be an issue.

Okay, how about this for an idea:

Tribes get one hour head start (enough time for some of you to get up to no good if you decide to, and I know some of you will, but not so much time that you can blanket the entire map with your buddies and your alts). In return for waiting an hour, homesteaders receive one weaver, one lasher, and one storage basket recipe.

Why? Because if you guys get first pick, very few of us, even those of us who have spent hours and hours scouring the map for good homestead locations, will be able to get a spot with both water and junk in a homestead radius. But we should be able to find one of those two no problem. With a weaver and lasher and basket recipe, we can apply the famous Eve basic rule of pvp survival, which is: "Don't fly what you can't afford to lose." Or in this case, "Don't carry what you can't replace."

Those who fish will, of course, risk the fishing pole if they settle by junk and not water, but foraging until they can make or trade for another isn't too horrible.

There, everybody happy, problem solved. We can all be friends while we roam around killing and looting each other, right?

I think that being a part of a successful tribe would hold a large advantage over being a part of a small homestead. HUGE safezone to hide in. unlimited tools, recipes, food, protection. easymode. So if you have to run a little while to stand on a precious junkpile, so what. Quit feeling entitled please, and harden the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I think that being a part of a successful tribe would hold a large advantage over being a part of a small homestead. HUGE safezone to hide in. unlimited tools, recipes, food, protection. easymode. So if you have to run a little while to stand on a precious junkpile, so what. Quit feeling entitled please, and harden the fuck up.
    Not sure wether youre directing this at the homesteaders or the tribes. I could be wrong, but it sounds as if youre directing it at the homesteaders. If thats the case...

You said yourself, tribes already have a "large advantage" over the homesteaders. Wouldnt it make a bit more sense then to be telling the tribes to "Quit feeling entitled please, and harden the fuck up." when they already have several advantages? Seems like theyre QQing about not having even more advantages than they already do.

If ive got that backwards and youre directing that at the tribes complaining then.... forget what i said :-P

As to some of the people in the thread spouting crap about how a tribe paid more than an individual homesteader: NO they didnt. Theya re individual players who paid exactly the same as everyone else, and therefore have no special rights over everyone else. Just because you happen to be playing in the same tribe as someone else does not mean there was any impact or correlation whatsoever to your cost to play the game. You paid the same $40 as that solo player, and theyve got just a smuch right to whatever land they want as you do. Too slow to get it yourself? Sucks for you, but thats life. Simply throwing fits and crying about it only works for little kids who's parents cant say no. I dont think any of the staff here are your parents. I could be wrong about that, but for now ill assume im correct.

You could always send a member to just place a homestead at your spot (assuming you have at least 5 other people for the tribe). Then disband the homestead and place the tribe totem down... once enough members are there. Just gotta be aware of the cooldown for joining a new tribe if that's working ( I haven't exited tribe so don't know about that).

Sorry, i was refering to tribes there. My wife and i have a homestead with a third account. 120.00 invested and will be 3x monthly charge. Theres probably many subscribers who prefer not to join a tribe, dont need the "social" aspect so much, in no panic to tribe up for security. We deserve the same chance at land and neednt be hung a kilometre up in the mountains cuz tribes have complete control of lake valley and junk.

What's with this thread? Isn't this game all about "location, location, location" when building a tribe/homestead? Seems to me, the people with the strongest desire to do so should be the ones getting those locations, tribe or no tribe. This is all part of the FFA sandbox mechanic we're all playing this game for.

And, for the record, a Tribe does not pay more money to receive in-game benefits like, say, a bowling league would. We each pay $40 and then $15 a month to play on their server. Tribes don't pay 25% more or any sort of extra fee to get any sort of benefits, so get off that mind-set.