Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Safezone Suggestion (partial removal)

The way it is right now is that the entire tribe area is a big safezone which is kinda dumb but satisfying.

My suggestion is that after prelude you could make it so that only your "private" home/house/building is the only safezone.

More or like what they had in SwG if you where a Jedi and a Bounty Hunter was after you

Quote Originally Posted by Archangei View Post
    The way it is right now is that the entire tribe area is a big safezone which is kinda dumb but satisfying.

My suggestion is that after prelude you could make it so that only your "private" home/house/building is the only safezone.

More or like what they had in SwG if you where a Jedi and a Bounty Hunter was after you
    That would work for me. I suppose it means those darn kids will be knocking down my fence and tramping around in the rose bushes, spooking the cattle and scaring the chickens, though.

Very nice suggestion i Agree but the ganksters want. They don't want you to have any where to hide. So changing from your tribal home stead to inside the tent or what knot isn't helping them in there argument. Point still remains your can be safe which they do not want.

Where can you actually go and be 100% safe and secure in life without having the worry that someone will step on your grass, steal your shrubbery, burn down your house, or pee in your ice-cube tray? Nowhere right?

Wouldn't the same be in a post-apocalyptic world? Where people are willing to do ANYTHING to SURVIVE? Including kill you to eat you, rob you, burn down your house, rape your horses and ride away on your women...

Making anyone be able to lock their "tent" and be completely safe would be a massive negative impactor on the game itself. A huge portion of the population will be locked into their abodes, safe from RISK, macroing basketweaving all day long. Thats pretty boring. The economy isnt really player-driven if nobody has a RISK at crafting. Supply has no bounds because of no risk implemented, thus demand does not exist.

Think about it - you cannot just "log in and gank" in this game. Hell, just to get to your "tent" to consider pking you would consist of massive time spent preparing (armor, food, travel, all the stat/skill gains in between, someone supplying these items or created manually, etc) simply to get to your village. This all has huge RISK involved and time possibly wasted. Who's to say that, when a village full of their tribe sees someone encroaching their territory, unlocks their houses and does a naked zerg rush and gank said ganker? Full benefit for the guy that locks his "tent" with no risk, total loss for the guy that actually put forth the effort to do something in-game besides sit and craft all day.

If you see "your tribe is being encroached upon", put your stuff in a locked basket. The end. Your risk is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    Where can you actually go and be 100% safe and secure in life without having the worry that someone will step on your grass, steal your shrubbery, burn down your house, or pee in your ice-cube tray? Nowhere right?

Wouldn't the same be in a post-apocalyptic world? Where people are willing to do ANYTHING to SURVIVE? Including kill you to eat you, rob you, burn down your house, rape your horses and ride away on your women...

Making anyone be able to lock their "tent" and be completely safe would be a massive negative impactor on the game itself. A huge portion of the population will be locked into their abodes, safe from RISK, macroing basketweaving all day long. Thats pretty boring. The economy isnt really player-driven if nobody has a RISK at crafting. Supply has no bounds because of no risk implemented, thus demand does not exist.

Think about it - you cannot just "log in and gank" in this game. Hell, just to get to your "tent" to consider pking you would consist of massive time spent preparing (armor, food, travel, all the stat/skill gains in between, someone supplying these items or created manually, etc) simply to get to your village. This all has huge RISK involved and time possibly wasted. Who's to say that, when a village full of their tribe sees someone encroaching their territory, unlocks their houses and does a naked zerg rush and gank said ganker? Full benefit for the guy that locks his "tent" with no risk, total loss for the guy that actually put forth the effort to do something in-game besides sit and craft all day.

If you see "your tribe is being encroached upon", put your stuff in a locked basket. The end. Your risk is gone.
    Considering how it is now and compared to this id say this is still a greater risk This is called a compromise..
    And if you want to go there, how do you magicly put locks on your baskets?

Considering how it is now and compared to this id say this is still a greater risk This is called a compromise..
    Im not really understanding your statement...Which part is still a greater risk? Of course there is a compromise. I don't think it is healthy for the compromise to force risk to only one side between the pvp and crafting populace. It should be balanced EVENLY.

And if you want to go there, how do you magicly put locks on your baskets?
    Exactly and I agree - you cannot. However, for the scope of this game, you dont really have a choice but to have some physical location have a locked item that holds other items. The mechanics simply aren't there to do it any other way. I agree that something is needed, like a bank, to hold items. The game simply would not work if every crafter had to carry everything 100% of the time and NOBODY had a secure "stash". I don't believe that making a structure that holds the player, all his hoarded wealth, and any other players he chooses should be indestructable/inaccessible by other players ALONG WITH huge city walls, moats, gates.

If outside tribe members have ways of getting into a player village besides simply walking through an unlocked gate (eg, climbing skill, craftable ladders/ropes, or anything possibly used to scale a wall), that would be fun. Having secure/safe places for players AND things 100% of game time only inspires people to log on and macro all day. Thats not PLAYING a game. That is boring. Risk isn't the devil.

Could one not simply "starve you out"? In this game of course, when food/drink and all that jazz is balanced.

I know some griefers that would literally spend a week camping a player's abode if this was necessary. Or if the bounty was high enough for the specific player's head.

it sounds good to me.

Your home eh.. well when gates and doors are in it works. going take a while . serious I understand were every one making a tread like this is coming from, see their points and views, and suggestions are always good. but please do remember save zones will not last forever and he will never ever chance a system -now- that is bound to change down the road, this is one of those features that -will- change, but adding the code for this would just take as much time as to add the code for the final version. thus a waste of coding time, and whit a small team every min of coding time efficiency counts in this -I demand this now- community.

He needs to work out systems one by one, everything in the game will have impact on everyting else. basics ( slap down a save zone) , then adv systems later.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    Your home eh.. well when gates and doors are in it works. going take a while . serious I understand were every one making a tread like this is coming from, see their points and views, and suggestions are always good. but please do remember save zones will not last forever and he will never ever chance a system -now- that is bound to change down the road, this is one of those features that -will- change, but adding the code for this would just take as much time as to add the code for the final version. thus a waste of coding time, and whit a small team very min of coding time efficiency counts in this -I demand this now- community.

He needs to work out systems one by one, everything in the game will have impact on everyting else. basics ( slap down a save zone) , then adv systems later.
    How id see this work is to make houses tribe only or private so only you or tribe members can enter, just like basket access etc. Wouldnt be that much different, so saying this would add work is just dumb.