Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just because we can all have every craft skill at noob levels doesn't mean we'll be able to have every craft skill at an excellent or even decent level.

I think it would be nice to start out with very few recipes as possible, and the rest would be gained in game through scavenging, trade, or finding them...

As a second alternative in thought maybe normal skill up recipes, and a select list of recipes that cannot be learned through skill ups, but must be found only through scavenging making them very rare...

Quote Originally Posted by zeph View Post
    I think it would be nice to start out with very few recipes as possible, and the rest would be gained in game through scavenging, trade, or finding them...

As a second alternative in thought maybe normal skill up recipes, and a select list of recipes that cannot be learned through skill ups, but must be found only through scavenging making them very rare...
    +This

Some of us doesnt think what will happen after month or 2. why should i scavenge or trade if I got everything I need?

You may be able to get most/ all recipes, but you won't be the best at crafting them. Once skill decay is in, only dedicated crafters can max out a craft or two, so there will definitely be trade in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    You may be able to get most/ all recipes, but you won't be the best at crafting them. Once skill decay is in, only dedicated crafters can max out a craft or two, so there will definitely be trade in that regard.
    Depends on how long it takes to skill a line. That still doesn't stop powergamers, anyway.

Grind through and master a line or two (whatever the system allows), make a huge stock of <insert items>, start grinding the other lines you want, make a huge stock of <insert items>, rinse/repeat.

Some people will try and argue that nobody will do it, but anyone who has played MMOs knows it will happen, especially when considering multiple accounts. I don't think any of it wrong; just saying that it's going to happen.

Unfortunately There's not a whole lot to do yet other then craft. UO had a minimum of 10 professions each utilizing 7 skills at 100. Every craft had a support profession, Blacksmithy/tinkering had miners, carpentry had lumberjacks. Every one had their roles to play and some how shaped in which they all revolved around each other.

PvE (loot) -> Crafters (gear) -> PvP (loot) repeat

If there is nothing to fight, then why explore. If no one needs gear, then who do they craft for? If there is nothing to gain, then why fight each other?

I forget who posted it, but some one had a link to the economic formula that UO used to create a living world in which every style played a part in. A working world does not depend on crafting but without it it would fail, just as it would without the other styles (PvE and PVP). This is what I think Xsyon needs.