Question regarding Tribes and Homesteads

Tell me something,

If I start a homestead and add more than 5 people what happens? Will it auto turn into a tribe? Or should we destroy the homestead and crate a tribe totem once we have enough people at the spot?

Only reason I ask is I want to run to our spot on offical launch and make sure I secure it....If people are lagging behind me I was going to place homestead until enough people can get there to make tribe...

If my homestead will atuo convert into a tribe once enough members are invited than I am relieved... If not suggestions please.

It will not turn into a tribe, you must destroy your homestead totem and then place a tribe totem.

[QUOTE=Redemp;54448]It will not turn into a tribe, you must destroy your homestead totem and then place a tribe totem.[/QUOTE]

Will I be under a timer if I destroy the homestead thus not allowing me to create a tribe totem?

[QUOTE=blackzilla;54446]Tell me something,

If I start a homestead and add more than 5 people what happens? Will it auto turn into a tribe? Or should we destroy the homestead and crate a tribe totem once we have enough people at the spot?

Only reason I ask is I want to run to our spot on offical launch and make sure I secure it....If people are lagging behind me I was going to place homestead until enough people can get there to make tribe...

If my homestead will atuo convert into a tribe once enough members are invited than I am relieved... If not suggestions please.[/QUOTE]

This also explains our current tribes location not growing very big...

I ran placed homestead then started inviting people, hit about 40 people and the size of the area never expanded... good to know

I don't think their is a timer involved with Homesteads, I might be wrong we did encounter a timer when switching out with one or two members but I believe it was related to them being in a "tribe". The timer was 15ish minutes .... so thats 15 minutes of guarding the area and stress. You also need to be careful with your placement ... if your only experience is with homestead totems, tribe totems are going to drive you nuts. Placing a tribe totem requires there to be no other tribes within the largest possible expansion of your tribe. This means that if you can see another tribe with 400m's or possibly more the placing of a totem is very difficult. We tried placement in 3-4 areas testing it out and even though we couldn't ever find another tribe ... it wouldn't allow us to place.

The systems a pain currently .. I already think we need more land mass revealed.

[QUOTE=Redemp;54454]I don't think their is a timer involved with Homesteads, I might be wrong we did encounter a timer when switching out with one or two members but I believe it was related to them being in a "tribe". The timer was 15ish minutes .... so thats 15 minutes of guarding the area and stress. You also need to be careful with your placement ... if your only experience is with homestead totems, tribe totems are going to drive you nuts. Placing a tribe totem requires there to be no other tribes within the largest possible expansion of your tribe. This means that if you can see another tribe with 400m's or possibly more the placing of a totem is very difficult. We tried placement in 3-4 areas testing it out and even though we couldn't ever find another tribe ... it wouldn't allow us to place.

The systems a pain currently .. I already think we need more land mass revealed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again for your input and time. Muchly appreciated.