Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    The land is big enough... I have spent a real life year traveling this map... there are areas that are perfect for tribes high in the mountains, that is at least 300m wide and as flat as a table top, lots of animals, trees, grass, water and open sky... yes it does lack a junk pile. Junk piles will not last forever... most tribes do not consider where they will be in a year from now... or even 6 months. What happens when the junk is gone, the towns are built, and we hear the calls... "theres gold in dem der hills!" A new dawn will rise and the shift to mining, rail systems, lumber mills, farming, taming - animal farms, medicine and all kinds of future ideas.. and these tribes are stuck next to a dried up hill that used to provide them with the parts they needed to "get started." The crowd is surrounding the lake because they think they need to.... this is not at all true. Go outside of your "got to have my village built in a week" mindset find a place that will suit your needs now, and for many months. Spend some time thinking outside the box of what this game has and instead think of where this game will be in a year from now. The game is built for us to develop IT... not for it to develop us. Xsyon has already said, he is open for ideas and feedback... this is a game for the gamer by the gamers.... not a game being shoved down our throats and us being told "you will play the game this way or not at all!"

I have seen some small tribes above 800m high, there are small junk piles high in the mountains at the end of some roads. The area is nice, the resources are plenty (especially if your the only one using it) and these kinds of areas will do very well in the future I have a feeling because they will have the future resources at hand.

To build in the mountains does take more work, I will give you that... we all know from RL that mountain men are a different breed of men... they have their own way of doing things.... this can be true in this game as well. Live off the land is a mountain mans motto. This can be true here as well.

Here is my recommendation; make the nature skills require less "junk" for example... redo the crafting slightly. A bear bone armor set requires screws and allot of them... why? In the past they did not build heavy armors with screws why are we?

Why does grass armor require junk?

Why does leather armor require junk?

Why do wooden walls require nails?

Why can we not make mud paste for our rock walls from dirt and water? Why do we have to have sand? So a rock wall could be limestone rock + mud paste = rough rock wall.

There are things that can be done to not force a tribe to be near a junk pile. This would cause more tribes and new players to be able to get away from the lake some, to spread out and make homes elsewhere. The land is big enough! Go look for a place outside the box!
    This is an excellent post. +1

The land is big enough... I have spent a real life year traveling this map... there are areas that are perfect for tribes high in the mountains, that is at least 300m wide and as flat as a table top, lots of animals, trees, grass, water and open sky... yes it does lack a junk pile. Junk piles will not last forever... most tribes do not consider where they will be in a year from now... or even 6 months. What happens when the junk is gone, the towns are built, and we hear the calls... "theres gold in dem der hills!" A new dawn will rise and the shift to mining, rail systems, lumber mills, farming, taming - animal farms, medicine and all kinds of future ideas.. and these tribes are stuck next to a dried up hill that used to provide them with the parts they needed to "get started." The crowd is surrounding the lake because they think they need to.... this is not at all true. Go outside of your "got to have my village built in a week" mindset find a place that will suit your needs now, and for many months. Spend some time thinking outside the box of what this game has and instead think of where this game will be in a year from now. The game is built for us to develop IT... not for it to develop us. Xsyon has already said, he is open for ideas and feedback... this is a game for the gamer by the gamers.... not a game being shoved down our throats and us being told "you will play the game this way or not at all!"

The only issue I have at all with your line of reasoning, which is sound, is that in order for there to not be a problem and those areas to indeed become useful a person or tribe must understand and submit to a wait of at least 6+ months. That is a very long time in a game struggling to get by, even more so when the simple solution would have been to place near the needed resources at the outset. Will they be in a better position than those sitting on the lake in the long run, I think they will, but realistically I highly doubt you will find any gamer nor group of gamers who will suffer themselves at a disadvantage than the majority for any length of time much less 6 months to a year. It is just not a realistic option for the majority of people who play games for the enjoyment that each hour provides. There is also the mantra of playing the game for the enjoyment of it as it is currently, and not ruining the experience by rushing or playing the game for things yet to come.

The bottom portion I completely agree with , those simple changes should be considered and would make living away from some resources not only easier but more realistic as a tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Redemp View Post
    You do understand you can not fight over the better places for at least six months? You should also understand the basic necessity for all tribes to have access to resources, this ideal is not "carebear" it is practicality. You can disagree with me it if you want, but increasing the map size a few zones does nothing to harm the game given the massive amount of new players to the game.
    I guess with actual sieges your right.. but I'll fight if you happen to be somewhere my tribe wants to be. We will camp the "area" until they can't stand it and move... or we will allow them to collect resources and well concentrate on targeting them insted of harvesting it ourselves.

I never disagreed with making the map larger.. I just disagreed with his reasoning and understanding of the game. This is sand box... I am afraid some of you are already thinking your way is the only right way and everything has to be equal. I am merely stating our diffrenece of play style and train of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    I guess with actual sieges your right.. but I'll fight if you happen to be somewhere my tribe wants to be. We will camp the "area" until they can't stand it and move... or we will allow them to collect resources and well concentrate on targeting them insted of harvesting it ourselves.

I never disagreed with making the map larger.. I just disagreed with his reasoning and understanding of the game. This is sand box... I am afraid some of you are already thinking your way is the only right way and everything has to be equal. I am merely stating our diffrenece of play style and train of thought.
    I think you are falling into the same trap.