Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    Enough false promises already, they better not take away or nerf our pre-order weapons now too. And it better not decay, right now it is about the only benefit I have received for pre-ordering this game.

Fix armor, if it protected you, the weapon would not be an issue. This game is about realism, 2 hits from a super sharp axe would kill almost anyone not wearing armor. In fact it would probably only take one. A dull stubby axe would still kill someone in 3-5 hits, as it does now.

The weapons need no adjustment to dmg, but protection from those weapons (ie. armor) needs to be implemented and working.
    Personnally, i just don't want to hear, "...man the only reason you won was because you have PO weapons..."

It's a sandbox. Everyone should have the same level of opportunity.

I think getting a temporary edge out of the gates for dealing the pain and suffering that has been the PO experience is fine, i don't think that edge should translate to a long term major advantage over a player that didn't. Furthermore, I think its a disservice to the pvp crowd...in most successful pvp games, pvp is about more than just runnign and ganking...politics, logistics, organization, all come into play. By putting weapns into play that outclass anything a player iwll be able to make (for a while), and any armor they will be able to make to mitigate the damage (for a while, assuming it even gets fixed), the pvp experience is getting extremely dumbed down.

This is again, all assuming they get combat mechanics working in a functional manner :/

and yes, we have confirmed reports of one shotting

Another thing that bothers me is how WEAK the animals are with these overpowered preorder weapons. Please reduce the preorder weapon damage.

We deserve to have something that allows us to be rewarded for putting our faith in the game and pre-ordering. In no time their will be a huge influx of new people that will keep weapon crafters in business. And eventually they will be giving them even more business because they will want those better weapons. Add armor having an effect and you have a PO weapon that is only great against a naked person, and it should be.

I bought two accounts, the second one I bought after I saw how great the PO weapon was, I did this because I have a few friends that refused to pre-order, but I know they are gong to regret it. I will be asking for a refund on that 2nd account for sure if they are nerfed.

We deserve to have something that allows us to be rewarded for putting our faith in the game and pre-ordering. In no time their will be a huge influx of new people that will keep weapon crafters in business. And eventually they will be giving them even more business because they will want those better weapons. Add armor having an effect and you have a PO weapon that is only great against a naked person, and it should be.

I bought two accounts, the second one I bought after I saw how great the PO weapon was, I did this because I have a few friends that refused to pre-order, but I know they are gong to regret it. I will be asking for a refund on that 2nd account for sure if they are nerfed.
    /this

End thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Honelith View Post
    Another thing that bothers me is how WEAK the animals are with these overpowered preorder weapons. Please reduce the preorder weapon damage.
    The weapons need no adjustment to dmg, but protection from those weapons (ie. armor) needs to be implemented and working. As far as animals go, even a bear is going down after I whack it with a well crafted axe 4 times.

well i guess the true measure will come when we see the combat mechancis fixed.
    I agree that we shoudl get something for our efforts/tolerance...i've just never been a fan of a 'best' solution to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    well i guess the true measure will come when we see the combat mechancis fixed.
    I agree that we shoudl get something for our efforts/tolerance...i've just never been a fan of a 'best' solution to anything.
    Agreed, if armor doesn't slow them down, then perhaps they will need a rework. Honestly though, the whole combat system needs to be slowed down and more deliberate. Right now is it spamming mouse buttons and circling around in sprinting fits.

Scenario 1: Player with no PO weapon uses his starter weapon on another naked player - will take about 5-10 hits to kill him.

Scenario 2: Player with PO weapon uses it on a naked player - 1-3 hits to kill

Scenario 3: Player with PO weapon uses it on an armored player - 5-10 hits to kill??

Scenario 4: Player with no PO weapon uses it on an armored player - 15-30 hits to kill?

Do these ratios make sense to you all?

Personally, I don't really mind the power ratio of the PO weapon to the starter weapon, I just think that the players and mobs should have 1 or 2 more "hits" worth of hitpoints. Combat isnt really very fun when you basically die before you have a chance to react to being attacked. By increasing the life pool, this will allow armor and resists to have a bigger impact, and will also give enough leeway for when "healing" comes into the game, and not make ranged combat OP which it will be when it comes in if the same dmg/life ratio persists.

Yes, Haunt, you are right, the combat HP/damage ratio is "realistic" but honestly realism in this case is not very good game design I think.

Agreed, if armor doesn't slow them down, then perhaps they will need a rework. Honestly though, the whole combat system needs to be slowed down and more deliberate. Right now is it spamming mouse buttons and circling around in sprinting fits.
    I know. And we seem to have made a system out of it's ghettoness in voice comms...."ok you lie down gen stam, you 2 attack....don't hit each other!".
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    HAND TO HAND COMBAT BEATS THOSE STARTER WEAPONS JUST SAYING. HAND TO HAND NEEDS TO BE NERFED, THIS IS NOT A JOKE.
    /agree

Enough false promises already, they better not take away or nerf our pre-order weapons now too. And it better not decay, right now it is about the only benefit I have received for pre-ordering this game.

Fix armor, if it protected you, the weapon would not be an issue. This game is about realism, 2 hits from a super sharp axe would kill almost anyone not wearing armor. In fact it would probably only take one. A dull stubby axe would still kill someone in 3-5 hits, as it does now.

The weapons need no adjustment to dmg, but protection from those weapons (ie. armor) needs to be implemented and working.
    Agree totally, Unarmed is way to over powered mostly in the speed and no energy drain tbh.

Do you think the only people that play this game are going to be pre-order people? We are looking at about 15-20 % of the gaming audience right now. The other 80+ % that will flood in AFTER launch will give weapon crafters plenty of business. In fact a good weapon crafter will get MORE business because of the pre-order weapons since the new people will be wanting to get a similar weapon ASAP after joining the game. The very nice weapon or tool that we get to select as a Pre-Order customer is a great bonus for us that had faith in the game before the rest of the population. Why someone would want to have it nerfed is unbelieveable.
    Agree 150%