Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    You really think there's going to be a ton of new players after March 15th? Why is that?

Do you think suddenly on March 15th the game will be 'done' and the vast majority of potential players are waiting until then? It won't be done, far from it and everyone knows it.

Is it for some other reason perhaps? I can't think of a reason for someone who wants to play this game not to preorder it now and play it early, learn how it works so when the final wipe comes they stand a chance.

After the game goes 'live' new players are going to be incredibly disadvantaged. Established tribes will have the land they've scouted out and everyone you run into will beat you in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    You really think there's going to be a ton of new players after March 15th? Why is that?

Do you think suddenly on March 15th the game will be 'done' and the vast majority of potential players are waiting until then? It won't be done, far from it and everyone knows it.

Is it for some other reason perhaps? I can't think of a reason for someone who wants to play this game not to preorder it now and play it early, learn how it works so when the final wipe comes they stand a chance.

After the game goes 'live' new players are going to be incredibly disadvantaged. Established tribes will have the land they've scouted out and everyone you run into will beat you in combat.
    I personally have 4 friends that have refused to pre-order, but if I get in the game and like it after launch, they will be joining me. I am sure there are 1000s of us that have people that we will refer to the game after launch. I am interested in Rift, but I choose to give Xsyon my money. I missed out in the pre-order of Rift because of it. But if Xsyon fails me, I will be joining Rift. I am sure their are tons of people that made the same choice as me, but decided to pre-order Rift and will come here if Rift doesn't live up to their expectations.

Bottom-line is if the developers deliver, people will come.

bump for relevance.

PO weapons need to be downgraded.

Agreed , Just the fact that they are un lootable is reward enough for pre order they should do no more damage than a noob axe you can craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post

I'd like to see them removed completely honestly. At least then people might trade weapons. We've tested it and a lvl 90+ weaponsmith can't make anything that matches the OP Starters

Many players in multi-gaming guilds will not purchase until the game is "worth it".

I wouldn't blink if they were just removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    I'd like to see them removed completely honestly. At least then people might trade weapons. We've tested it and a lvl 90+ weaponsmith can't make anything that matches the OP Starters

Many players in multi-gaming guilds will not purchase until the game is "worth it".
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    I wouldn't blink if they were just removed.
    I agree. The starting weapons are extremely strong, and not only can they not be looted, I also think they do not degrade over time. It is a weapon that you will never have to replace, as it currently stands. And depending on your starting weapon, you will always be able to log, terraform, etc.

Fixing armor would help, but it does not solve the overall problem that it's a weapon you will never lose or have to replace, as current craftable weapons still don't compare.