Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
Enough false promises already, they better not take away or nerf our pre-order weapons now too. And it better not decay, right now it is about the only benefit I have received for pre-ordering this game.

Fix armor, if it protected you, the weapon would not be an issue. This game is about realism, 2 hits from a super sharp axe would kill almost anyone not wearing armor. In fact it would probably only take one. A dull stubby axe would still kill someone in 3-5 hits, as it does now.

The weapons need no adjustment to dmg, but protection from those weapons (ie. armor) needs to be implemented and working.
Personnally, i just don't want to hear, "...man the only reason you won was because you have PO weapons..."

It's a sandbox. Everyone should have the same level of opportunity.

I think getting a temporary edge out of the gates for dealing the pain and suffering that has been the PO experience is fine, i don't think that edge should translate to a long term major advantage over a player that didn't. Furthermore, I think its a disservice to the pvp crowd...in most successful pvp games, pvp is about more than just runnign and ganking...politics, logistics, organization, all come into play. By putting weapns into play that outclass anything a player iwll be able to make (for a while), and any armor they will be able to make to mitigate the damage (for a while, assuming it even gets fixed), the pvp experience is getting extremely dumbed down.

This is again, all assuming they get combat mechanics working in a functional manner :/

and yes, we have confirmed reports of one shotting