Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Two servers?

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    If that's the case, what's wrong with two servers, whether they be EU and US, or Chaos and regular pvp ruleset, or two identical servers that anyone from anywhere can play on? If there are more than double the number of people expected at start (and it sure sounds like there's even more of us than that), then who is going to lose out by having two servers? I mean sure, one server would be great, but two servers or ten servers are a hell of a lot better than no servers and no game!
    Your being too nice - sorry. They have 2 programmers - Jordie and X. We can all support the underdog but just think for a minute how much in all we have now paid. Please guys just quit asking stupid questions and polls and launch it already. I'm pretty sure that $250-500k of pre-order hasn't left them short to employ anyone they see fit.

well if they launch a pvp server and a pve server the pvp server will die because they will get tired of the endless ganking and come play on the pve server

Quote Originally Posted by blake378 View Post
    well if they launch a pvp server and a pve server the pvp server will die because they will get tired of the endless ganking and come play on the pve server
    I disagree here. I think both server rulesets would do just fine if the numbers are there to split us accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by cejay View Post
    Your being too nice - sorry. They have 2 programmers - Jordie and X. We can all support the underdog but just think for a minute how much in all we have now paid. Please guys just quit asking stupid questions and polls and launch it already. I'm pretty sure that $250-500k of pre-order hasn't left them short to employ anyone they see fit.
    Being nice hell! I'm being selfish on this issue, because I want to play!

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    I disagree here. I think both server rulesets would do just fine if the numbers are there to split us accordingly.
    Lol that is what you say...

I would need to see the numbers though. And we could start polls, discussions among the forum etc and split clans/groups accordingly.

You can't just throw up 2 servers last minute and tell people to chose one. This is a sandbox mmo, that won't work. The community needs time to plan and split itself accordingly. This is regardless of rulesets. We would want each server to do well. I am going off the Shadowbane model.

Its not the question of a pvp or a pve server. Its the point to get a EU and a USA Server to fix the lag prob, i think.

That brings up an interesting point - is there other ways to break us up? Like maybe a homestead only server and a tribe only server? LOL just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Delvie View Post
    That brings up an interesting point - is there other ways to break us up? Like maybe a homestead only server and a tribe only server? LOL just kidding
    Heck no! I want to be able to run past those giant, walled in tribe cities and laugh at the poor folks all penned up like cattle.

Well, at least until they get comfy furniture, indoor plumbing, and internet. Then I want to trot over to the nearest tribe and borrow someone's couch, facilities, and computer for a few days now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Heck no! I want to be able to run past those giant, walled in tribe cities and laugh at the poor folks all penned up like cattle.

Well, at least until they get comfy furniture, indoor plumbing, and internet. Then I want to trot over to the nearest tribe and borrow someone's couch, facilities, and computer for a few days now and then.
    The Couchsurfing and Loafer skills are due to release after Prelude.