Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Can we revisit the starting weapons?

Assumption: we get the combat damage calculations fixed before launch so ua isn't overpowered

Can we tone downt he damage of the pre-order weapons? Why? Well they are 'too good' when compared to other weapons, or armor (see assumption) that a player will likely have access to in the early parts of the game.

People are actually getting one shotted . Now if this was the uber axe of vorbal doom, that someone spent hours and hours find the rare ingredients and crafting, which Bob the Destroyer paid an exhorbant price for (so he could pwn face) I would have absolutely no problem with it. But it's not. It's something that you start with. Which is kinda lame imo.

Tone down the damage so that it's better than most players will be able to make for the first couple weeks...but, imo, it should be on par with a weapon a crafter with 40 or 50 skill could make.

Agreed. We've had a significant time to really test the preorder weapons and they are simply too powerful.

It works both ways....If you can get "one shotted", then you can do it to someone else.
    Increase the ARMOR...that way if your naked, your going to get wasted quick. The armor needs to be more protective....forcing people to wear it as opposed to naked fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by PeonSanders911 View Post
    It works both ways....If you can get "one shotted", then you can do it to someone else.
    Increase the ARMOR...that way if your naked, your going to get wasted quick. The armor needs to be more protective....forcing people to wear it as opposed to naked fighting.
    I do agree that the jump from naked to the most basic of grass/cloth armor should be enough to make wearing armor for PvP worth it. But, that is a separate issue from the starting weapons, which currently make weaponcrafting a useless venture until much higher levels. Weaponcrafters should feel useful from the very start, and with the preorder weapons, they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    Weaponcrafters should feel useful from the very start, and with the preorder weapons, they aren't.
    When they put in "Bows" and "Spears".....the Weaponcrafter will be in HIGH demand. The newbie weapons should stay as powerfull, but they should not be Invunerable....they should break down over time. The pre-order guys should be rewarded, but those weapons should eventually break......

But its the "Bows" and "Spears" that will be the weapons of choice.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    Assumption: we get the combat damage calculations fixed before launch so ua isn't overpowered

Can we tone downt he damage of the pre-order weapons? Why? Well they are 'too good' when compared to other weapons, or armor (see assumption) that a player will likely have access to in the early parts of the game.

People are actually getting one shotted . Now if this was the uber axe of vorbal doom, that someone spent hours and hours find the rare ingredients and crafting, which Bob the Destroyer paid an exhorbant price for (so he could pwn face) I would have absolutely no problem with it. But it's not. It's something that you start with. Which is kinda lame imo.

Tone down the damage so that it's better than most players will be able to make for the first couple weeks...but, imo, it should be on par with a weapon a crafter with 40 or 50 skill could make.
    You are not one shotting people. /Facepalm

Never one shotted somebody with my Massacre. It takes at least 2 shots, but yeah, it's a very overpowered weapon since it is bound to your character.

Quote Originally Posted by PeonSanders911 View Post
    When they put in "Bows" and "Spears".....the Weaponcrafter will be in HIGH demand. The newbie weapons should stay as powerfull, but they should not be Invunerable....they should break down over time. The pre-order guys should be rewarded, but those weapons should eventually break......

But its the "Bows" and "Spears" that will be the weapons of choice.....
    So it is fine that preorder weapons are doing too much damage RIGHT NOW because at some point months from now people will be using ranged weapons anyway.....

If they lowered the damage of the preorder weapons, made them the same as, for example, studded pipe smasher tier weapons, then they would still be a bonus compared to non preorder starter weapons, but not that overpowered that a weapon crafter cannot make better fairly quickly.

I think that preorder weapons are breakable like every item in game. They are overpowered though and every weapon with supreme quality will be until dmg calculation is fixed.
    To me they should be at best tier 2-3 in quality with best durabiity. That way there would be more powerful weapons soon, but with lower lifespan.

I want my pre-order weapon to glow with little jewels spinning around it. ;-)