Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am telling them to wait. The game engine/code cannot support the current client base at the moment, so inviting more people is irrelevant.

Rift will last another month or so, people are already level 50 and complaining about more content (as they did with DCUO).

Hopefully in a month the Xsyon engine/code can support 1k people logged in at once. Then we will be set. 1k clients would make an excellent Xsyon game world.

I tell them the game isn't complete.. that the concept is great but that they should wait. I tell them the game still feels like an Alpha but it has more
    potential than any of the games I've read about tested or played in the last 3-4 years.

I ran a major clan in Darkfall and still actively play. I have alpha and beta tested games such as vindictus, DF, warhammer, and rifts. This game IS what "we" wantg.. its just way to early to be "excited" over it. I have hyped it up told all the great ideas only to have poeple buy the preorder play a day and a half and say fuck this and go back to previsouly played games.

I truely feel like a game should be in fully working order before a release date is even hyped. Changes and additions can come afterward but general game play and funcunatily should be implemented first.. and it hasn't been here.

Personally i tell them that crafting is working great , although it is missing things . Combat is lacking , but is in the works for an overhaul , so i'm not too worried about it atm .

The game world and graphics are stunning and that the Dev/s are fantastic in that even though the game is having some horrible problems atm , they keep us informed , and are coding like machines to try and fix it , with at least daily updates on the situation .

Whether they should buy i leave up to them , but i do point out that while its having problems , i personally think the game is worth supporting with a Pre-Order and can only get better along the way .

The first thing I tell them that the game is NOT minecraft, even if they want to compare the two. And then if they continue to compare it about minecraft, such as crafting or the like, I tell them that it's like the Alpha-version of Minecraft in terms of stability -- there are still a few bugs, features that have yet to be implemented, and occasional crashes and lag, but nothing that is unplayable ( for me ).

Most of my friends and I are savvy tech people, so I tell them that even though I can run it easily, they might not be able to with the same stability as I do. They of course understand and then ask about the rest of the game. I generally tell them it's an open world, do-it-yourself game. I tell them about Tribes and relate to Age of Conan in that aspect -- take over territory, build on that territory, extract resources, and craft.

I told them about the safe zones and then about the PvP, and how the PvP is very unrefined at the moment. Most of my friends don't mind it so long as there is SOME form of PvP -- most like Sandbox games with crafting as the main element. Most seem to think quite highly of Xsyon. I mention how the developers actually talk to their player base and get actual raw feedback from the players, and they start to like it a lot more.

However, in the end, I tell them to either - (1) Wait until the game is more finished or, (2) Buy the game going in and expecting an Alpha-like game ( for the time being ).

Most of them want to get in on the game while it's fresh, like they did with Minecraft. As of right now, there are about 8 of us playing. We're not sure if we want to join a clan or make one ourselves yet. The rest of my friends are still undecided and/or waiting to get paid.

I tell them not to buy it and that I'm only riding out the 2 free months in a desperate attempt to make it worth playing.

They tend to buy it anyway as an excuse to get a neat sig.

I tell them of the promised features, the potential, and the intimate dev team.

Then I warn them, "Don't buy this game unless you want to be a part of it's development, birthing pains and it's potential epicness".

Quote Originally Posted by Belight View Post
    I tell them of the promised features, the potential, and the intimate dev team.

Then I warn them, "Don't buy this game unless you want to be a part of it's development, birthing pains and it's potential epicness".
    people really need to learn the difference between 'we plan to have feature x' and 'we promise to have feature x'

Buy it. Let whatever crap you're playing now run out. When Xsyon goes down for maintentance, you can play your old crap, if you can even stand to anymore after having played Xsyon (I can't).

Oh, and start with whatever that profession is that starts off with a saw. I make you tools, you supply me wood blocks, handles, and so on. But don't live too close to me, I'll travel to you, since even though we're friends, there's no reason for you to be crowding my space and cluttering up my landscape with your face.

The Good
    The Bad
    The Ugly

Then let them make their own decisions.

In concept the game has everything that we want to play.

Delivery to date has been bad.

Suprise 'uh-ohs' have been downright demoralizing (the combat code making armor mean nothing, combat mechanics, etc.)

It's a definite risk, but if you can afford a $40 gamble it may be worth it.

They have 2 months to get on/show us they are on the right path.

tick tock.