I have recently decided that it is a bad idea to post here, or even read, because this seems to be the place to beat dead topics to death and generally argue over and over about the same issues, basically things that annoy me.

Retrospective : I have realised that, as i tend to do, i have rambled into a different topic, written far too much that i doubt will be properly read, but i quite like what I have written, so I will leave it here. If you don't want to read it all, just answer the question.

I finally have a question I would like to address to people in general, well aware this could very well be a bad idea, here we go:

When friends ask you about the game... what do you say to them? More specifically, what do you say when they ask you whether it is worth buying.

What i tend to say to my friends summed up [which i hate doing, but my friends hate it when I ramble] is;

Do not buy the game yet.

The longer version of what i say; It's a good game, with problems. Only get it if you like the idea and want to support it and help it get better... do not get it if you have high expectations and want to play a polished, finished product. Basically the game needs to release soon, or people are going to start loosing interest, and in my eyes, the game is at a point where, if most of the major bugs/problems are reasonably dealt with, the game is good to go. All mmos start off with problems and the only way to fix them is to set off and deal with them as they appear. And the devs seem to be doing a good job.

But I advise my friends not to buy the game. Why? Because I tend to be very flexible with certain types of games, and the first thing my friends tend to do when looking at screenshots, is compare it to minecraft, visually. Perhaps i just need new friends... but this is not the main reason.

I have realised that many mmo gamers will burn through the list of features this game has to offer in the race to be "the first", and quickly find that in doing so they have run out of things to do, and with a currently spotty pvp feature, they will get bored, whine abit and leave, thus "wasting their money". Although I tend to consider anyone who jumps into a game without properly looking into the features and progress loosing their money "Idiot Tax".

Personally I can find the fun in all aspects of the game, and even wandering around, mapping the area in my head, or gathering up resources for my tribe cause me endless amusement. But i find modern mmos tend to encourage us to see the beginning of a game as something to burn through, racing towards the finish line where pvp and endless grind await.

Whereas Xsyon, for some mindsets is all "grind" the same way as, yes, minecraft. But the point to it is satisfying, and i do not consider it grind myself. Building up a tribal area, scavenging for loot, helping my tribemates, all are immensly satisfying for me, to the point where i forget i am repeatedly doing something repetetive, because i get lost in a world of goodness, where there are so many repetetive things i could be doing, i never become bored, because it is fun.

So what is my point, aside from I can talk for a while without really saying much? Well mainly I guess, my friends can be fringe eliteist arseholes, i probably just don't want them ruining a game i consider slightly personal [or let them notice the fanboy drool i cover it in], and i could be amused by kicking a can, if they changed the colour and type of can abit every time.

Yami