So I'm new here and I'm fairly interested in this game. I'm unable to decide whether I should pre-order the game in order to play it or if I should just play the trial when that happens. I'm watching Saintbob's tutorials and the game is looking more and more worth it as I go through. However, I'm still not sure whether I should go ahead and buy it or not.

I'm basically looking for a Wurm Online type game. Nice big sandbox game to make a little settlement in. My problem with Wurm was I basically just got bored of doing the same thing over and over, especially with a lack of real currency to get. Is there ranged combat? Bows, arrows, guns and such? How complicated is crafting? Is there a stupid system where the higher your skill, the higher the quality AND CHANCE of crafting, or what? I was annoyed at failing so much when trying to craft things in Wurm and I'm sure I can handle if the system is the same in Xsyon. However, are there any key differences between this and Wurm?

I'm also looking for a small community of mature people with a VoIP program (Vent?), or if they don't have one, I have one they can use provided they take me in.

Sorry if I kind of went all over the place with this post, I'm listening to Saintbob whilst typing and it's... a bit more difficult to do both than I had thought it'd be.