Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eremon View Post
    If the second email asks me if I wanted to keep the totem that I haved saved from the 18th, I would answer "no". In that context, a second email makes sense.

Yes... please offer more than 1 server type. Give the players a choice.
    There is not enough player base for more then one server, even on the first "launch" after 6 hours of trying to place a totem we saw maybe 3 people? Save the server types for when combat is fixed and alignment and tribe wars are in.

Is the question in regards to 2 servers of the same ruleset?

Or 1 server with the normal ruleset and 1 server with the "chaos" ruleset?

Jordi can you please clarify?? This would drastically change my vote.

Is the question in regards to 2 servers of the same ruleset?

Or 1 server with the normal ruleset and 1 server with the "chaos" ruleset?

Jordi can you please clarify?? This would drastically change my vote.

Funny, I was originally going to reply stating that I never received this email - Just as I did, Outlook went ding and there it was..

The two servers thing was going to be US server and UK server, I know ping in the UK might be bad, but I don't think splitting the servers will be a good idea. I played MO which the server was based in Sweden I think. Or Arizona, I don't remember. But it was playable to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    The two servers thing was going to be US server and UK server, I know ping in the UK might be bad, but I don't think splitting the servers will be a good idea. I played MO which the server was based in Sweden I think. Or Arizona, I don't remember. But it was playable to all.
    Sweden or Arizona. Practically next door, I get the two mixed up ALL the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    Sweden or Arizona. Practically next door, I get the two mixed up ALL the time!
    =P. Well the game was made in sweden, I just don't remember if they had the server there or not.

A pvp server and pve server would be horrible. Sure, there is an influx in players because of launch, but segregating those 2 types of populations would ultimately defeat the purpose of the game lol.

Is it an NA and EU server? hopefully?

Based on the Questions I was thinking this was the purpose: If all the people with placed totems vote to not have a clean start they could offer a second server where everyone gets a fresh start. . so everyone is satisfied.

For example. . if they keep one server I would vote no to keeping totems (even though I have one saved). if they added a second server I would vote yes to keeping the original totems on the first server assuming the servers are the same ruleset.

Given that lag seems to be caused by teraforming etc. etc. it seems like slitting the population up might be the best way to resolve some of the technical issues for launch until some more things can be figured out. This is all guessing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    Based on the Questions I was thinking this was the purpose: If all the people with placed totems vote to not have a clean start they could offer a second server where everyone gets a fresh start.
    haha I thought the very same thing.

Especially if it's a technical issue and he has to split us.

Jordi kills 2 birds with 1 stone. Who says programmers are not wise! har!