Totem placement cooldown lenght

Well, IMO, 6 hours seems a bit low to me.

I would prefer 2 or 7 days cooldown, as it would prevent some easy abuse mechanics.

Whats your opinion on it?

When I first entered the world I had no idea how the system worked. I went into the options to see what they did and eventually worked out out to drop a totem. Unfortunately becasue I was testing it was in a really bad spot. So I removed the totem and went for a wander to find a good spot. Upon finding one I went to put a totem down and found I had to wait just under 6 hours. That was annoying.

But I do agree if there are ways to abuse the system it needs to be addresssed but care must be taken to help new players understand the system first to prevent them making a mistake that could take several days to resolve.

I absolutely agree. Can even be more. Abandoning tribes and joining a new one needs a longer timer too IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    When I first entered the world I had no idea how the system worked. I went into the options to see what they did and eventually worked out out to drop a totem. Unfortunately becasue I was testing it was in a really bad spot. So I removed the totem and went for a wander to find a good spot. Upon finding one I went to put a totem down and found I had to wait just under 6 hours. That was annoying.

But I do agree if there are ways to abuse the system it needs to be addresssed but care must be taken to help new players understand the system first to prevent them making a mistake that could take several days to resolve.
    Hmmm, might be a warning when you try to place a totem "warning: you will not be able to place another totem in x time"

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I absolutely agree. Can even be more. Abandoning tribes and joining a new one needs a longer timer too IMO.
    Yes, maybe as time goes by cooldown lenghtens, think that many people are new to the game and might not fully realize importance of placing a totem. And agreed on the tribes.

Perhaps new accounts could get a 2 days period while they would be able to place totems without cooldown.

I do not agree with this. Reason? Solo player style. Wouldn't be fair that a solo good or nuetral player had a evil tribe move close. So you decide to pack up and travel off and find a more safer quiter spot only to not be able to drop your home stead. Not fair at all, for a tribe? yes i would agree on this but for the solo player this rule couldn't apply in there fairness. It's them against the world and with a tribe it's the whole tribe against what ever they come across.

I'm in the regulators tribe and will be. But i can't look at this from a one sided view and you'll shouldn't either. Look at it from both sides of the solo evil and good/ nuetral players. They need the ability to pick up and move with out delay if it so calls for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkonick View Post
    I do not agree with this. Reason? Solo player style. Wouldn't be fair that a solo good or nuetral player had a evil tribe move close. So you decide to pack up and travel off and find a more safer quiter spot only to not be able to drop your home stead. Not fair at all, for a tribe? yes i would agree on this but for the solo player this rule couldn't apply in there fairness. It's them against the world and with a tribe it's the whole tribe against what ever they come across.

I'm in the regulators tribe and will be. But i can't look at this from a one sided view and you'll shouldn't either. Look at it from both sides of the solo evil and good/ nuetral players. They need the ability to pick up and move with out delay if it so calls for it.
    Thats why im not in favor of truly excessive CD periods. And when thinking it over, increase in lenght in time might be good, start game with CD as is now, 6 hours, and gradually raise it to 7 days over 2-3 (x) months Situations that you speak of are most probable at the start.

And CD would start at the moment you place your totem, so lets say CD is 7 days, if you have been on the spot for 7 days you can pack up and place another totem immediately.

*final CD lenght is open to discussion, i just think 6 hours is just too short