Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Two servers?

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    I know right! Where are you guys pulling 25k clients from? lol

How do you know the invoice #is an auto incrementing seed that started with 0?
    Unless your trying to be bigger than you are, it would.

Id not say they are, but I really don't care. If theyre being fair - yes, we have wives/GFs flooding in every day (seriously no joke) who have invoice numbers. If they started at 10k then no but why the fuck would you bother? After you have excluded the impossible, whatever left may be improbable, but likely.

Likely it starts at 000001

Quote Originally Posted by cejay View Post

Id they are, I really don't care. If theyre being fair - yes, we have wives/GFs flooding in every day (seriously no joke) who have invoice numbers. If they started at 10k then no but why the fuck would you bother? After you have excluded the impossible, whatever left may be improbable, but likely.
    Yeah. If he has even close to 10k orders (possible connected clients) then we need multiple servers....that's a techincal fact. The Rift mmorpg architecure only supports 2k clients and they have an ARMY of money and brain power.

However after playing this game 3 weeks ago up until now, I just am not sensing that many clients. Not even close. I would guess more in the realm of 500-1 thousand, tops.

But if it's a technical issue even with a 1k software cap and he has to split us, we have no choice. It is what it is.

Hey cejay, nice to see you're back. I'm requesting you kindly remove any reference to my person from your signature; Jordi directly addressed my issues in private correspondence and everything is cool

A perfect server population is 9-10K. It should only get a second server if they have more than 12K. Just my opinon...

Quote Originally Posted by cejay View Post

Id not say they are, but I really don't care. If theyre being fair - yes, we have wives/GFs flooding in every day (seriously no joke) who have invoice numbers. If they started at 10k then no but why the fuck would you bother? After you have excluded the impossible, whatever left may be improbable, but likely.

Likely it starts at 000001
    To preorder, you have to become a member, there are less than 8500 members.

You can become a member without preordering though, so actual preorders with clients will probably be less than that.

nowhere near 25k though in any case

Yeah. If he has even close to 10k orders (possible connected clients) then we need multiple servers....that's a techincal fact. We have all played this engine...
    lol

However after playing this game 3 weeks ago up until now, I just am not sensing that many clients. Not even close. I would guess more in the realm of 500-1 thousand, tops.

But if it's a technical issue even with a 1k software cap and he has to split us, we have no choice. It is what it is.
    Given that we in our tribe apparently have between 30-80 people, and there are 12 in our TS right now, of which none of us are playing ATM - I think you have your answer. Invoice numbers stand and TBH if there only 5-10k people who want to play this game, then It'll die very fast.

between 30-80?

wtf man? can you narrow that down any to a better number range?
    lol

between 30-80?

wtf man? can you narrow that down any to a better number range?
    lol
    No - because EDIT [most of] our members want to play the game rather than fuck about and then get wiped. Sorry.

If it's a technical issue, then would you still want a refund?

The more I dwell on this, the more I think it's a technical issue. Jordi's team is telling him, look, what we have in place now cannot handle this many clients. So he is putting the feelers out there to us seeing how we would respond to 2 servers. That's what I think.
    If that's the case, what's wrong with two servers, whether they be EU and US, or Chaos and regular pvp ruleset, or two identical servers that anyone from anywhere can play on? If there are more than double the number of people expected at start (and it sure sounds like there's even more of us than that), then who is going to lose out by having two servers? I mean sure, one server would be great, but two servers or ten servers are a hell of a lot better than no servers and no game!

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    If that's the case, what's wrong with two servers, whether they be EU and US, or Chaos and regular pvp ruleset, or two identical servers that anyone from anywhere can play on? If there are more than double the number of people expected at start (and it sure sounds like there's even more of us than that), then who is going to lose out by having two servers? I mean sure, one server would be great, but two servers or ten servers are a hell of a lot better than no servers and no game!
    I have no issue with multiple servers if that is the case. Just communicate that to me and I am perfectly ok with that.

To put things into perspective, look at Rift, it launched last week. HUGE company, huge budget = lots of brain power. Their architecture supports 2k clients logged in.

If Jordi and his team have a lot more than 2k, tell us that. And we, as a community, figure out how we are to split ourselves accordingly next week if we technically need to go to multiple servers. I hope it's not a pride issue among he and his team.