Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Two servers?

Xsyon Citizen
    I say no to multiple servers. I like the idea of everyone being under the one roof with the one set of rules.

I am not a PvPer, my sole involvement with PvP to this point has been to be whacked and have my tools stolen. I see that as a learning experience and some additional spice to the game. I adapted the way I played and hopefully this won't be an issue for me again. If the safe zones changed or were removed, I'd adapt again.

I don't see how the population can be too high? I have been logged in for 30 minutes - 2 hours almost every day for 3 weeks and have not once seen enough clients connected for me to think there should be two of the same ruleset servers. I have ran around the lake multiple times.

?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    (I was hoping for an eve like world where each server was a different part of the landmass.)
    As Delvie indicated, I don't believe this game has been coded to allow for an Eve type universe.

I agree with the 2 servers, 2 different Pvp setup. Let players have a choice in the type of environment they wish to play in. I can also understand why players are opposed to it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    (I was hoping for an eve like world where each server was a different part of the landmass.)
    ugh... double post

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    An Eve-style setup would be the ideal choice, but Xsyon said earlier that though it is in the plans, its not possible right now. Would you ask for a refund if the 2 servers are necessary because the population is too high ?
    I would ask for a refund as well if they run 2 servers.
    They just need to get better server host... which is what they are doing now right?
    Besides xsyon player base isn't that TOO massive and large and big.. bandwidth just sucks...
    Compare the playerbase with other mmo's, this is nothing..

I personally like the idea of my own personal server in which I only invite people I know into the world.

But with that option not really on the table I do think one large server world would be great if the bandwidth can handle it.

I wonder if two servers would seperate non pvp and pvp.

The nature of the game will not lend itself well to any Player who thinks they will just log in and kill. Pvp'rs unlike greifers, are self starters who will do all their crafting themselves inorder to win. Johny come lately pvp self titled gods usually wont have the stamina for that, and will slowly leave due to getting wtfpwnt.

I want a target rich environment with large scale tribal warfare. I'll get that with or without players who have no desire to pvp. So two servers suits me just fine. One server with a percentage of the population safe and able to supply arms/supplies to griefers bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    The only way I would support 2 servers is for 2 different rulesets.

1.) normal (like it is now)

2.) chaos (no safe zones)

2 servers with the same ruleset would destroy the game.....it would be horrible.
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    One server, ten servers.... Wipe, no Wipe... Just launch the game already.
    I 100% agree with this. I want to play for real

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    One server, ten servers.... Wipe, no Wipe... Just launch the game already.
    Miraculously, I for once find myself in accord with a Hopi member! ;-)