Just add more junk

I mean this is what it really boils down to right? You HAVE to be in an area with junk right now or you will be totally screwed. Well I'll tell ya, I guess it's cool to have junk ONLY in the cities that once were, but you are leaving a HUGE part of the map without it's number one resource!!

We don't need 2 servers to make everyone happy. The world you have created is gigantic as I have explored all around it. In some areas I wandered around for hours and never saw a bit of junk. I did see amazing places , huge fields, lakes, roads and highways all through the mountains. Tons of wild life. Tons of trees. Fresh water everywhere ,, just add junk.

Let them keep their totems just give us more JUNK PLEASE!

Who's to say there weren't ski lodges up in those hills that were tucked away? Who's to say that there weren't cars riding those roads when whatever happened happened. Or private houses or hotels for that matter. Just wave your magic wand and give us big stinking piles of junk please.

I could care less about big piles of junk either. A few cars or a couple houses worth every so often throughout the landscape would be fine. It doesn't have to be an entire town's worth of junk piled up in one massive heap.

keep in mind that junk piles may look neato now and all the cool kids are camping them...but the focus will shift from the need of those junk piles into things like mining, farming, ect. People parked on/next to junk may be sorry later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    keep in mind that junk piles may look neato now and all the cool kids are camping them...but the focus will shift from the need of those junk piles into things like mining, farming, ect. People parked on/next to junk may be sorry later.
    building doesnt really take much time

after you used all the junk for your crafting skills it would be easy to move.
    you can just move with all the junk in baskets aswell i guess

Yeah , I'm not planing on living next to junk forever. But in the beginning we MUST use junk to make tools and armor. What would the harm be for some house sized junk piles to be scattered into the mountains or around those lovely lakes? Have you walked from Tellac to Sugarpine? So much wasted space.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    Yeah , I'm not planing on living next to junk forever. But in the beginning we MUST use junk to make tools and armor. What would the harm be for some house sized junk piles to be scattered into the mountains or around those lovely lakes? Have you walked from Tellac to Sugarpine? So much wasted space.
    Sad to say I agree, because the ugly, pesky things are just so vital at first. I explored to the north as well, It's probably the prettiest of the areas I've seen in the game, and no junk anywhere. I remember thinking to myself maybe the devs had plans for it. They're not dumb, they know where most people will settle at first. Maybe they wanted the area for hunters or some kind of resources gathering. Regretfully, I decided settling there and hauling back junk from distant neighbors would be impossible, because by the time I had my first ten tool recipes, everyone else would have what little junk remained fenced in, probably with guard dogs and NPCs patrolling with shotguns!

Quote Originally Posted by esudar View Post
    building doesnt really take much time

after you used all the junk for your crafting skills it would be easy to move.
    you can just move with all the junk in baskets aswell i guess
    If you are narrowing it down to homesteads, then sure....thats almost nomadic, which is one way to play.

If you are referring to moving a sizable tribe, lol, good luck with that.

Living on a hot commodity like scrap (will change in the future) is asking for "confrontation"...but thats the whole point of the game really.

Asking for more junk is like asking for faster growing trees, lighter rocks, and rabbits to hump faster. Resources are suppose to be limited.

I agree resources are meant to be limited. But with the serious problems at hand with people complaining about totems and not enough space and more than one server in the talks.. I would consider doing a little salt and peppering of junk around would be a easy way to please everyone.

The boss says he will be taking the green mist back in a few months and letting people explore these areas.. these areas have junk in them. I've seen massive areas in the green mist with loads of junk.. Junk is not going away any time soon if the new areas have it in them. So I propose we just get an advance on our Christmas presents now. Now while it DOES matter.. making a good first impression of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    I agree resources are meant to be limited. But with the serious problems at hand with people complaining about totems and not enough space and more than one server in the talks.. I would consider doing a little salt and peppering of junk around would be a easy way to please everyone.

The boss says he will be taking the green mist back in a few months and letting people explore these areas.. these areas have junk in them. I've seen massive areas in the green mist with loads of junk.. Junk is not going away any time soon if the new areas have it in them. So I propose we just get an advance on our Christmas presents now. Now while it DOES matter.. making a good first impression of this game.
    The thing is, it might matter. What will it do to the database, how will it affect the server capacity, what other esoteric issues might arise that are completely incomprehensible to someone who doesn't create games for a living. So many good suggestions for lessening reliance on junk piles or creating more piles or opening more land in general are in threads today, but is any of it even possible to do in a week or so with all the other issues still being worked on?