Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Possibly so, Fabric...

But it also seems pretty obvious that his vision was to make a great sandbox crafting and building game with a pvp element. Combat never has been his primary focus.

Granted combat is a part of almost all MMO's. But not ALL.

That's partly why I made this thread. You see, it's the players that have come here with the impression that this game is focused on pvp that cause my concern. Show me where the developer(s) have ever said that pvp was their focus. I have looked high and low and .. nope... not found that statement anywhere.

Wishing something is true does not make it true. This game was always focused on sandbox style crafting and building with a few unique aspects like terraforming... with a small bit of pvp added in because of the simulated environment. Namely, humans in a post-apocalyptic world, of course there will be fighting but quite frankly survival would be WAY more important to people in such a world than risking the possibility of losing their hard won belongings.

Look at this from the perspective of a real person in such an environment, and you will see his core vision. too many are looking at this from the perspective of MMORPG players looking for that next game to soothe their bordom jones.

I think perhaps some are looking at this all sideways.
    I think you misunderstand the vocal PVPers here, none of us expect or believe that the guy developing this game has PVP as his main driving force in making this game, we simply recognize that this game has great potential BECAUSE his focus is on crafting, specifically cities, terraforming and the whole bit. We're just of the mind that if there's going to be pvp, it ought to be implemented in an effective manner. Why bother having PVP even as a minor feature if you're going to do a shitty job of implementing it? That goes for any feature, for instance in Shadowbane, pve was simply implemented as a means of getting a person to max level so they could pvp. There was absolutely no depth to it whatsoever and people lamented upon that fact when other, better PVE games came out. SB would have fared much better had they polished or implemented those secondary features better. Don't drink the juice others are pouring around the forums that all the PVPers want is the tears of noobs across the land, we're just advocating for an effective pvp system to complement the main focus features of the game.

Regarding your point of a post apocalyptic world, I must vehemently disagree with the scale of your assessment.

There will be lots of fighting. Resources will be finite, likely for an extended period of time, it will take many months, likely years for effective communities to be established in order to produce food and goods again. Scavenging is going to be at a premium, as you said survival is going to be paramount, well with finite resources, there will need to be a significant amount of fighting in order to establish resources for yourself or your group. Add into that the general feelings of fear, hatred, discontent...it's not going to be a bunch of people sitting around clinging to what little they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsarugii View Post
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-and-Decisions

aslong as this system he describes comes into the game as its stated in the 1st post of the thread i will happily sit back quietly till launch and watch all the pvpers who want to "pillage and destroy" live with their choices of how they are going to play this game because eventually you know the good alligned tribes like the one i belong to will set up a "police force" of some sort that spends time hunting down evil players and killing them for their descisions
    Good, to be honest us "evil" pkers are betting on the prospect of "good" guilds establishing a rapport with one another and coming to get us and hold us accountable. This is exactly what we're hoping for.