Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stick to your Guns!

Please... Wise developer... Stick to your guns!

I keep reading that Jordi listens to the community and tries to adjust to the desires of the players.

That's very nice. But you also have a vision for the game.

I would hate to see this game become just another ho-hum rehash of the same things we all have been playing for years.

If you listen too much to the current ravings of alpha types, it could change your vision.

I personally love the ideas that have been stated for this game. I don't know whether safe zones/no safe zones is better. I really will accept whatever you decide to do, and roll with it. As long... as you stick to your vision.

Make the game too easy or hard and you could lose players... but you know that.

Find the things folks long for and you can have a long term winner.

I will accept what ever you do, happily and with gusto... if it's YOUR Vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Please... Wise developer... Stick to your guns!

I keep reading that Jordi listens to the community and tries to adjust to the desires of the players.

That's very nice. But you also have a vision for the game.

I would hate to see this game become just another ho-hum rehash of the same things we all have been playing for years.

If you listen too much to the current ravings of alpha types, it could change your vision.

I personally love the ideas that have been stated for this game. I don't know whether safe zones/no safe zones is better. I really will accept whatever you decide to do, and roll with it. As long... as you stick to your vision.

Make the game too easy or hard and you could lose players... but you know that.

Find the things folks long for and you can have a long term winner.

I will accept what ever you do, happily and with gusto... if it's YOUR Vision.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    THIS...

but with pegasuses

3. 03-01-2011, 02:35 PM

Its true jooky changes his mind more often than his socks depending on which vocal minority he is trying to keep happy on any particular day. I've said it before but unfortunately I think he has a reputation now amongst the community for being easily swayed if u create enough posts about any particular issue.

5. 03-02-2011, 12:51 PM

Stick to your guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuns!!!

Forums are where vocal minorities ruin otherwise great games.

Agreed.

I was happy to see that an email poll was used recently to gauge the community's thoughts on the saved totem issue (not that I really care much about how that issue turns out, just that I am glad to see it was an emailed poll instead of being buried amongst all the random trash that started filling up the forums).

I hope that email polls are used whenever they really need to get community input on a decision instead of listening to whoever shouts the loudest on the forums.

preorder weapons make crafting worthless

You know, reading all the posts on the Xsyon forums makes me thing of SWG. I have read no better summary of why SWG failed than one provided by Henry Jenkins back in 2006. It is a little dated but I think it has some relevance to what's going on in Xsyon at the moment:

http://www.henryjenkins.org/2006/07/...star_wars.html

Sorry, couldn't get the link to work

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    Stick to your guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuns!!!

Forums are where vocal minorities ruin otherwise great games.
    lol

To the OP :

You don't need to worry. Jordi does change his mind over minor issues but he never changes his vision about the game he wants to make. When he see that his original goals are in danger he does change things. I've seen some changes during the last year...let me list some.

At first he said tribe areas will be safe zone during 'early' Prelude. There were some loud people screaming about safe zones and how they will pwn others after these zones are gone...soon after this it was stated that tribe areas are safe during Prelude. The 'early' disappeared. In his latest massively interview he said tribe areas are safe zones in Xsyon. No Prelude, no early...just safe zones. Was it a mistake ? Who knows.

1 year ago this board was free from moderation. Virtus said that they didn't want to limit anyone, we are all adults anyway. Very soon the forum was flooded with insults and vulgarity. Seeing that Xsyon posted that it is not allowed, and rules and moderators were set in place.

After moving this new forum even more moderators and more strict rules came in place. It worked well till the beginning of February, when there was a big influx of new players. The forum was again flooded with insults, libels and forum wars. Some days later Xsyon implemented a really strict new ToS.

OP, I hope you can see the tendencies and it eases your mind

At the same time Jordi does want all of his customers to be happy with the game. He said several times that if there was a desire for servers with different PvP rulesets he would consider that. So it seems no one has to worry, if there are enough avid PvPers who want an FFA war server they will get it, while the more peaceful players will get a server with PvP with consequences and probably optional tribe wars.

12. 03-03-2011, 02:53 PM

Jadzia -

For the 10th time... It was confirmed to me that he was only talking about during Prelude. After Prelude, safe zones are gone.

You need to ask for an alternate ruleset server, because currently, the idea is to have no tribe-area safe zones after Prelude with tribes needing to fend for themselves at that time. So, the latter would be the normal ruleset.

The FFA server isn't even what PvPers want... FFA implies no consequences at all. That would be a stupid idea by Jordi and a waste of resources. A lot of DF players came here partially because of consequences, since DF has none at the moment. People were simply asking for safe zones to be removed earlier and add-in the consequences that are supposed to happen. Safe zones are not going to be taken out earlier than planned, but will be eventually (unless you all keep "screaming" for a change that his original idea does not entail).

Yeah, stick to your guns, Jordi.