Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gimp or Master?

Gimp or Master?

So I was messing around with the character creation a bit and it occurred to me (as it has to others before me). If some things are not in game (and who knows when they will be implemented) will I be gimping myself going with some extreme stat placements? Like knocking Spirit and Charm down to 10 as well as fortitude down to like 30 and maxing everything else out. This set up would just be for a crafter type char so the low health wouldn’t make a huge difference. Or should I leave 30-50 in those "unused" stats in the hopes that when they implement the other items in game (taming etc) I wont have to reroll my gimp? Im torn between making a jack of all trades master of none or going the other route and making a crafting machine pvp gimp.

I would really like an official answer as to what stats actually do before live.

I've been playing with spirit as it pertains to exp. I have noticed I leveled slower when I dropped it down to 10. Currently have mine at 75 now and seems like I'm gaining exp faster. Not 100% sure. Might just be wishfull thinking.

im srry pvp or crafter do ppl NOT understand what fort does for ya? its not just the fact that ur proably getting one shoted its also the fact that ur gunna have such a tiny energy/stamina bar its stupid!!! i mean some crafts dont use energy or anything and more power to ya. but scaving/terraforming and many other DO use stamina not to mention the whole gathering things for crafting is ALL using stamina/energy. and for agil it makes a HUGE dif in ur run speed. so if u have 50ish agil NEVER expect to get away from any combat u dont like. and dont forget that there are NPC mobs like bears. u dont want to get one shot by them do u? as for what u want to put stats that supposeidly dont work currently. i would be worried about making a good char for the CURRENT build of the game u can always reroll if the game majorly changes

I've played around with all kinds of mixes and finally decided on a well rounded stat distribution with a bit extra in the first four. I don't want to reroll when some of the new stuff comes out so I'm hoping this keeps my character viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    I would really like an official answer as to what stats actually do before live.
    Read the manual?

Whats the level cap? Because why not sacrifice other skill to get wisdom up real high then get levels fast thus maxing everything out?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Read the manual?
    lol

It was said once that Xsyon might consider letting level points go to stats and skills instead of just skills. That may or may not help.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    It was said once that Xsyon might consider letting level points go to stats and skills instead of just skills. That may or may not help.
    thought i read in the FAQs that it was planned already?