Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Land entitlement and the future

I don't know if anyone have ever asked the devs about this. Why was tribal/homestead land built in to the game as an entitlement instead of an award for hard work? Other then gathering 5 people, there's no labor in acquiring 220m of future land.

What scares me the most about this is it takes 5 people to become self significant if delegated properly. What is going to influence trade, I know for the first 6 month all my junk is getting surplussed in preparation of the impending shortage of junkpiles. Anyone in their right mind would do the same. Even with regional resources, there won't be much of a trade demand unless supplies for those are extremely limited and controllable.

This isn't a rant, just a question.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    I don't know if anyone have ever asked the devs about this. Why was tribal/homestead land built in to the game as an entitlement instead of an award for hard work? Other then gathering 5 people, there's no labor in acquiring 220m of future land.

What scares me the most about this is it takes 5 people to become self significant if delegated properly. What is going to influence trade, I know for the first 6 month all my junk is getting surplussed in preparation of the impending shortage of junkpiles. Anyone in their right mind would do the same. Even with regional resources, there won't be much of a trade demand unless supplies for those are extremely limited and controllable.

This isn't a rant, just a question.
    Limiting and controlling absolutely essential supplies will limit gameplay to those that control them. While I wish we had options other than those junkpiles for crafting goods, right now, we really don't. Without them, the alternative is to kill anyone who looks like he might have something we need. That's it, there is nothing else. Nothing else to barter with, nothing to do in the game that doesn't require things off the junk pile. And I doubt it will stay that way for long, but until it changes, making those resources even more scarce will drive out a lot of players.

Most of(if not all) resources from scrap piles can be found through scavenging skill anywhere and they will probably be better quality. Gathering resources this way takes longer but it can be done. Scrap piles disapear very quickly and soon we'll have to trade for scavenged items.

We'll have to wait for game to go live to see how it will all look like. At first most trades will be probably between tribes and homesteads.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    Most of(if not all) resources from scrap piles can be found through scavenging skill anywhere and they will probably be better quality. Gathering resources this way takes longer but it can be done. Scrap piles disapear very quickly and soon we'll have to trade for scavenged items.

We'll have to wait for game to go live to see how it will all look like. At first most trades will be probably between tribes and homesteads.
    I'm confused. I've yet to find anything scavenging anywhere except on a junk pile. What kind of scavenging skill are we talking here to make this viable? Because I could defiinitely be persuaded to move off the landfill heap if it's doable. Those things are ugly!

Well there is a scavenging skill in actions. I've found nails, cloth and other things you get only with scavenging and I mostly do it while exploring, not on a scrap pile. But with 5 in scav and low perception I find something in 1/15-20 tries.

yep, you can scavenge practically anywhere on the map. I have a better success rate when doing so on junk piles than just regular terrain. At 25 skill point into scavenging I avg 1/12-15 pulls on regular terrain and about 1/6-8 pulls on junk piles

I've had it much higher than 25 (I think it was closer to 65) and never found anything not on a junk pile. And I had my perception at 70, too.

Here is an idea that I had posted in a different thread but I feel it ties in here just as well.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...4538#post54538

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    Here is an idea that I had posted in a different thread but I feel it ties in here just as well.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...4538#post54538
    I agree with all of it, too. But what could happen and I hope does happen in the near future doesn't apply to the next few weeks, and probably not to the next two or three months at least. So meanwhile, we've got to work with the way things are now. And reducing those all-important resources and making them controllable by a few tribes is the worst possible thing I could think of for everyone not in one of those tribes.

People act like every big tribe is a bloodthirsty land baron who will KOS anyone that comes near "thier junk"...The junk piles are so big in various areas, I just don't see why people think there is this huge monopoly on a little square pile of junk. For christ's sake, maybe just make friends with the tribes that live around the junk piles...or better yet just ignore them. Say hi to em and go get your stuff. A lot of tribes are "good" aligned and could care less if you walk by and go scavenging.