Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What comes first? The chicken or the arrow?

Don't know about the rest of you but felt the need for a change of subject.

The FAQ, entry #6 http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...icial-FAQ-List mentions chickens, and that they are coming soon.

I wonder if they are what have been holding up bows and arrows? I believe you have to have feathers to make proper arrows. As I've seen no other birds in the game (not even turkeys though at times I could have sworn I'd met a few) I expect it's all the chicken's fault.

What do you all think?

Also, I vote for mutant chickens (mutant livestock is mentioned as a good idea in the FAQ) or better yet mutant rabbits, what's your preference for mutants?

Definitely mutant animals!! Glowing green perhaps

Chickens were in the game briefly a couple weeks ago. Giant invulnerable killer zombie space chickens.

(I made the last part up except the invulnerable bit.)

I'd like to see mutant animals, they should also yield differing craft/food items too, e,i mutant bear hide is more thicker or something.
    Same could be applied to mutated plants for food, could improve stats or make them worse.

They could just introduce zombies. They drop feathers.

Mutants in general, have everything mutate, Could eventually get like 100 different types of rabbits or chickens depending on their mutant strain (just a thought).

Possibly the mutant strain could be influenced by what they eat or the fact the need food at all.

For example lets say chicken A is starting to mutate and seeds just don't work anymore and starts to eat animals. Chicken A then starts to mutate to become more predator like, sharp claws, more intelligent, and maybe even able to use individual feathers as darts (or just weapon). So highly prized for their feathers and claws for weapons or highly prized as combat pets.

Now Chicken B is faced with the same problem, mutating and seeds just aren't doing it anymore, but there are no animals around or even really veggies. So of all things it starts to eat rocks thus making its beak grow hard as steel and feathers take on a quartz like feel/look. Highly prized for their beaks as tool components and their feathers for whatever quartz is good for.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvie View Post
    ... or better yet mutant rabbits ...

Argh ... I hope not! If they do, I'm not going near one without having a grenade handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcolo View Post
    Argh ... I hope not! If they do, I'm not going near one without having a grenade handy.
    Best be a holy hand grenade!

Bows and arrows???/.. what the heck is going on,, Where are the guns?,, This apocalypse targeted all the rolling armor and guns. and buildings only...LOL,, yet all the animals and some humans survived?... its all wrong I tell you all wrong...,, Nades and guns should have survived along with any hard metal stuff...LOL ...

Quote Originally Posted by Viper66 View Post
    Bows and arrows???/.. what the heck is going on,, Where are the guns?,, This apocalypse targeted all the rolling armor and guns. and buildings only...LOL,, yet all the animals and some humans survived?... its all wrong I tell you all wrong...,, Nades and guns should have survived along with any hard metal stuff...LOL ...
    Bows and arrows then flint locks with metalsmithing and forges. The flint locks, single shot with slow reload, could get a damage bonus for hunting and reduced damage against armor for PvP making them a "softening up" weapon prior to tribe on tribe melee combat.