Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Not everyone feels compelled to "beat the game"...some people actually just like playing the game. There doesn't need to be an endgame. It's not a themepark game, there is no rush to cap and then "endgame"...you play and exist in sandbox games, not become the best in them and beat them. If you get bored, you do something else that maybe seems interesting. But if everything bores you, then stop playing...the game is no longer fun, it happens. It's like the pvp focused players who just can't understand crafting people.."why would you want to just sit and pick grass and craft things all day in game????" ..people actually like that. Some people just like logging into games like this, sitting around a campfire and chatting with friends or guildmates and doing nothing at all *GASP!*.... no endgame sir.

*edit*: That aside, remember, the developers vision is to release new areas, new crafts, new things to do, etc as time goes on. Some people will get bored faster than others, it happens in all games. Show me one game that has managed to keep all of it's players for years and years by releasing "endgame".

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    You guys are getting too caught up in the semantics of the word "end game." Rather than end game, substitute the words "recurring game."

The OP's point is valid. When there is nothing else to build, nothing else to train, & no reason to kill anybody other than boredom...what's next? Does anyone from a large tribe REALLY think it's going to take their entire tribe 6-9 months to flesh out their villages? I can't imagine that...
    That's where meta gaming comes in.

There will be "end game" even if you core base (let assume the current land is your core) cant be destroyed there will be extended land , maybe even land far away from your core land you can claim and hold, land whit resources. land to fight over.

Save zones will be gone, warfare can and will happen even whiteout the "need" to have full destruction.. fact is, we all know shit (nothing) about the "end game" the end game will be when everything is in place. Mines and mining,blacksmithing, house building. farming. the 300+ resources that are in the datafile. we only can fantasize how things will go and give a "educated guess" but discussing this "end game" now is as useful as discussing how the world will look in five hundred years.

Quote Originally Posted by djext2000 View Post
    Did someone say endgame in a sandbox game?

BAHAHAHA!!!! Good one, good one...
    That was my thoughts exactly.

We really should as a community stop promoting this game.

In the past week the forums and global filled with crap by .... (we all know who). It's just a matter of time before more people who think they are the kings of PvP (y0, I am hardcore I played Shadowbane! I played DF!) come and try to change this game, WoWers, and Goons, then it's gg Xsyon.

Quote Originally Posted by sionide View Post
    That was my thoughts exactly.

We really should as a community stop promoting this game.

In the past week the forums and global filled with crap by .... (we all know who). It's just a matter of time before more people who think they are the kings of PvP (y0, I am hardcore I played Shadowbane! I played DF!) come and try to change this game, WoWers, and Goons, then it's gg Xsyon.
    And I'm sure there's absolutely nothing about or within this game that you would like to be different.

yeah right.

Anyway, us SBers aren't trying to change this game, we're trying to bring this game to its full potential. We've been told of an open world, with pvp and eventual city/asset destruction. Those are the things we hold most dear, and they are things that we have a significant amount of experience with, there's few games with the longevity of the SB playerbase dedicated to one game. It's not that we think we're hard core, it's just that we know how fun it can be when group versus group pvp and asset destruction is done properly. It would be stupid of us to not want to implement the best system possible for such things.

And hey, we paid the same amount as you, so we're entitled to ask for changes we feel would benefit our time spent playing this game.

Get off your soap box.

The crafting in this game is great and will keep me occupied for a few weeks i guess but then ill want to be doing other things..
    Going out finding PVE mbos to kill and so forth.. then ill also want to go out pvping now and then and tribal war will hopefully be a big part of this game..

IF it just stays a pure crafting game i know ill get bored after ive maxed out a few skills.

lol @ people taking the term "end-game" so literally. There will become a point when crafting gets old. There will be a point where you won't progress any further in a certain craft.

Then what?

Some of you people are so dense it's mind-blowing.

I kinda agree, and crafting doesn't really have a purpose anyway, its just like grinding in another form to get a better product, which is mostly related to itself, in the sense you make better tools to make better stuff etc, but once you reach the end tier in crafting, and you well stocked, and you maxed your character out, and with very restrictive forms of terraforming and house building, the paths you can take are quite restricted.

i think after 1-2 months when people built everything they wanted and when they get tired of running to their neighbours to fight them people will start to play less and less

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceReaper View Post
    once you reach the end tier in crafting, and you well stocked, and you maxed your character out, and with very restrictive forms of terraforming and house building, the paths you can take are quite restricted.
    You don't think they will add new functionality?