Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Hm, discussion is a bit confusing.
    End Game..is or will there be an End Game?
    Sure, some people will quit after a couple of weeks, cause they expect a guided game where everyone can tell you: Go, do that, kill that, bring me that...

But, why should crafting has an end? if things aren't build for eternity, they decreasing in durability and get destroyed if there can't be repaired..so crafting never ends.
    If tents and houses have to repaired after a couple of ingame weeks...if walls and bridges needs attention by a crafter to upkeep them.

Some statements are disturbing me: PVP is fine, but its not the best and ultimate game feature. I don't want pvp all over, there have to bee safe places. Its called civilization for some reasons...players have to been able to trade, travel...and and and

Personaly i hope they gave us more and more tools to play in our sandbox and implement some important rules to stop players overwhelming others and destroying there fun in the game. And calling someone a carebear because he just wants to start with his starter tools is just on step in that direction. Security is nothing without freedom and freedom is nothing without security.

I enjoy Xsyon in the state it is, i like it realy much. I'm convinced, devs will create more and more things to do or to explore, there will never be an end game for me.
    I look forward to go to a safe trading place where well known crafter deliver there superior goods, traveling back in fear of evil robbers, maybe i hire a merc to protect me for my way, maybe i travel in a caravon to increase selfdefending...and so on and so on...enough to do with my precious free time i'm willing to spend in a game.

Hope i see u in game
    Michse

Its pretty amazing how some people of this community really get confused on common terms in mmos. Case in point - end game. I almost think a portion of you slightly change the meaning of it for your own benefit or attempt to derail by acting ignorant of xsyon's potential AGAIN for your own benefit and personal desires.

What will this game be at its APEX? An apex is its tip/point/vertex/SUMMIT. We shall use summit as to hopefully not get people confused.

What happens when you've crafted everything 10 times over? You've built several villages. Your skills are maxed out even after you've changed your character several times. Hell, lets say you are on your third generation toon due to old age. You cant possibly tell me you wont get bored of this game within AT LEAST 6 months to a year. So what if they add 18 different types of hammers, or 50 different types of houses? You will still eventually get bored of grinding them out.

OK, so you've got a community. The reality of those communities is they usually stick together from game to game. You've pioneered that xsyon be as safe and pvp minimal as possible. You get tired of game, move on. Chances are your community goes with it, sticking together, wherever you go. Your gonna do what YOU wanna do, right?

Adding the ability for full scale tribal warfare with asset destruction IS the apex. However, it is a constant apex, meaning that everything in the game you do points to it. A goal in other words. Currently, what exactly IS the goal? Thats debatable im sure. Adding tribal sieges and asset destruction gives much more risk and reason to EVERYTHING that you can do in this game.

FYI on Shadowbane - lasted over 7 years. It had transfered to a horrible host (UBI) and devs DID NOT LISTEN to the community. They constantly favored the "carebear" type of player because they were the ones that would scream the loudest and the most. This slowly killed it. Got taken down. That day, a small group of people started to build an emulator for it. 2 years later its almost working. The majority of that playerbase keeps in touch throught all games either by being enemies or friends. Shadowbane got something right that NO OTHER mmo has been able to do and many have tried - siege warfare. Xsyon has the absolute best potential ive ever seen to possibly be the absolute funnest mmo out there. Disregarding full out asset destruction simply because the tenured beta player believes that THEY want to build build build forever without anything ever being destroyed seems like yet another mmo tragedy to me.

end game is when you have completed the game and no longer play.
    you dont want to get to end game because that is when you cancel your subscription anyway

I've played a sandboxish game for 3 years. Free character progression, lot of non-combat skills, player housing, player run economy. It has a PvP zone for the ones who likes it but you are not forced to go there in any way. It has no territory control. I've never got bored with that game. I understand some people find PvP the main source of their fun, but not everyone is like that. I believe that PvP oriented players may get bored after some months or weeks, but the crafter-builder types will greatly enjoy the game without tribewar-style endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    You guys are getting too caught up in the semantics of the word "end game." Rather than end game, substitute the words "recurring game."

The OP's point is valid. When there is nothing else to build, nothing else to train, & no reason to kill anybody other than boredom...what's next? Does anyone from a large tribe REALLY think it's going to take their entire tribe 6-9 months to flesh out their villages? I can't imagine that...
    Yes, I should not have used the term "End Game".....

Quote Originally Posted by PeonSanders911 View Post
    Yes, I should not have used the term "End Game".....
    re-asking the question without the word 'end game' would provide you with an intresting exercise in logic that I would now like to see

re-ask the question if you please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I've played a sandboxish game for 3 years. Free character progression, lot of non-combat skills, player housing, player run economy. It has a PvP zone for the ones who likes it but you are not forced to go there in any way. It has no territory control. I've never got bored with that game. I understand some people find PvP the main source of their fun, but not everyone is like that. I believe that PvP oriented players may get bored after some months or weeks, but the crafter-builder types will greatly enjoy the game without tribewar-style endgame.
    3 years? Awesome! Ive got about 11 years of MMO experience. Rock on!!!

Ok seriously. I understand that YOU want to sit and craft all day. A good portion of the population does. However, theres a huge niche market and also a portion of this population that wants pvp/asset destruction. I understand that you didnt get bored with that game (although you are here because?) but i would see it as mind numbing.

Nothing personal, but I would like to have the ABILITY to burn everything you have to the ground IF I felt the need to do so. Im sure you could understand this with all the harrassment certain tribes are giving your tribe specifically? Wouldn't you just LOVE to stand up for yourselves, burn THEM to the ground, shut their mouths, and then move on? They've obviously asked for it and are pushing you to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post

Ok seriously. I understand that YOU want to sit and craft all day. A good portion of the population does. However, theres a huge niche market and also a portion of this population that wants pvp/asset destruction. I understand that you didnt get bored with that game (although you are here because?) but i would see it as mind numbing.

Nothing personal, but I would like to have the ABILITY to burn everything you have to the ground IF I felt the need to do so. Im sure you could understand this with all the harrassment certain tribes are giving your tribe specifically? Wouldn't you just LOVE to stand up for yourselves, burn THEM to the ground, shut their mouths, and then move on? They've obviously asked for it and are pushing you to do it...
    this game doesnt even have a combat engine and you are talking about assest destruction mechanics?

yes there will be assest destruction mechanics IF, the server lag gets fixed, IF combat system actually get put in place, IF armor stats gets put in, IF farming gets put in, IF cooking gets put in, IF taming gets put in. (I think I have missed a few more items but that should be at least a small list).

and NO, he will not spend time talking about how that mechanic will work when he is busy working on other things atm. Seige mechnanics is likely a year away, in fact, 6 months to tribal warfare expansion is delusional, its more likely a year

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post

11? awesome! I've got 16 years... what that has to do with anything, not entirely sure...

I see where you are coming from with the ABILITY to burn everything to the ground if you felt the need to do so, the only problem i have with it is, i really haven't seen games like that survive very long..

why? i don't know. I never played Shadowbane, as i was still in UO at the time. Everyone speaks so highly of it, but all i remember is the constant complaints, and it going FTP very quickly.... I wish i could remember why...

I love PvP, and want it a big part of this game, but i just don't see people building castles in this sandbox, and watching the zerg guild coming over to kick it over, because "they felt the need to do so", very long...

I don't have the answer, and I'm curious to see how it plays out... its a pretty fine line to balance out to keep both sides happy....