Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripp View Post
    I think most people don't want to lose everything or even have that possible. That was a problem with Shadowbane, people who lost everything either left or joined the zerg and the "end game" was the Borg zerg gobbling up everyone else. Not really all that fun.

I'd like to see some kind of system where the victors recieved some kind of rewards for winning the Tribe battles. This could be in the form of looted goods and wares, skill/gain bonus, something that creates interest in raiding but not to the point where everyone quits or joins the zerg.
    I'm actualy going to agree with the carebear militia

SB ate it's young. It was too hardcore...it bled players like a cut throat in its first year...loss was devastating and final, you lost your home, ability to train, make gear, etc. I think even those of us who learned to love it realize that it was, especially at the beginning (when cities were much more time consuming and expensive to build) too hardcore for it's own good.

So...Tribal warfare.
    - No city should be exempt from seiging
    - Prelude cities can not be captured or destroyed by seiging (but can be raided and looted [to be defined later])
    - Expansion land territories will be conquerable and controllable..as necessity because they will contain new and valuable resources required to make new technologies and major improvements on old technologies.

So. If i want to wage war on your pathetic excuse for a tribal organization i will attempt to:
    - raid and conquer and expansion territories you control
    - seige and raid your prelude city to hinder your logistics (crafting) and generally for demoralization.

of course, seige lessons -
    - timer between seiges, you shouldnt be able to seige someone 24-7.
    - self seiging has to be an exploit
    - defender should be able to pick the window when the seige will occur.

general thought - no tribe should be able to sit back and talk massive amounts of poop without being able to be held accountable for it. Prelude cities may be safe from capture/destruction, but the inhabitants have to be able to be held accountable by other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    No offense but if you think me, my Tribe, or anyone with similar views is carebear then you're sadly mistaken. If we were carebears, we'd be playing on a Rift PvE server right now. Just because we don't want Shadowbane 2 doesn't mean we don't want PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post

SB ate it's young. It was too hardcore...it bled players like a cut throat in its first year...loss was devastating and final, you lost your home, ability to train, make gear, etc. I think even those of us who learned to love it realize that it was, especially at the beginning (when cities were much more time consuming and expensive to build) too hardcore for it's own good.

So...Tribal warfare.
    - No city should be exempt from seiging
    - Prelude cities can not be captured or destroyed by seiging (but can be raided and looted [to be defined later])
    - Expansion land territories will be conquerable and controllable..as necessity because they will contain new and valuable resources required to make new technologies and major improvements on old technologies.

So. If i want to wage war on your pathetic excuse for a tribal organization i will attempt to:
    - raid and conquer and expansion territories you control
    - seige and raid your prelude city to hinder your logistics (crafting) and generally for demoralization.

of course, seige lessons -
    - timer between seiges, you shouldnt be able to seige someone 24-7.
    - self seiging has to be an exploit
    - defender should be able to pick the window when the seige will occur.

general thought - no tribe should be able to sit back and talk massive amounts of poop without being able to be held accountable for it. Prelude cities may be safe from capture/destruction, but the inhabitants have to be able to be held accountable by other players.
    This guy talks sense. Only iffy part is defender picking the window of siege. Would rather have a system where attacker signs up and then defender has a 4 hours wide slider (to both + and -, so total window of 8 hours) to adjust the siege start. As in, tribe A decides to siege at 6 PM and signs up for siege, tribe B who is getting sieged can choose the start of the siege anywhere between 2 PM and 10 PM.

yes there will be assest destruction mechanics IF, the server lag gets fixed, IF combat system actually get put in place, IF armor stats gets put in, IF farming gets put in, IF cooking gets put in, IF taming gets put in. (I think I have missed a few more items but that should be at least a small list).

and NO, he will not spend time talking about how that mechanic will work when he is busy working on other things atm. Seige mechnanics is likely a year away, in fact, 6 months to tribal warfare expansion is delusional, its more likely a year[/QUOTE]

------------------------------

thats the thing, every MMO is a race against the clock. of course every cool aspect could be added in time but the trick is to do it before the player base gets bored and leaves.

I figure that being a small production they are releasing the game now to make money and allow themselves to keep producing. But, this game is missing a few very basic things that should have been put in before launch (combat, at the very least).

I am an avid pvp'r. And I am all for the main tribe towns remaining a safe zone. I've seen what happens to a player driven economy when the merchants and crafters get greifed completely out of a game. Not only do they suffer, but in the end pvp suffers as well. Not sure how many of you have ever had the experience of playing Jump Gate, during its first years.. there really was no safe zone. Guilds patrolled and protected the traders and merchants. But as the pvp guilds became stronger, and the crafters and supporters of the economy started to disappear.. the economy went to crap, and it took near forever to find the equipment to even launch into half decent pvp.

With the tribes host settlement protected, crafters and merchants left to do what they enjoy in peace, I believe everything will become win/win.

The secondary towns, and better materials should be in contested pvp areas.. forcing tribes to fight for the very best of supplies and land. And any successful tribe would know that not only do the pvpers depend on the crafters, but crafters will depend on the pvpers for the superior supplies they can bring in.

Crafters = medicine men, artisans, builders etc....
    PvPers = hunter gatherers...

There is a reason we have had both throughout the history of mankind. We have always depended on eachother. Why should it be any different here?

i really wish soo many ppl in this game were not so focused on pvp/tribal warfare/sieges/destruction

then game hasnt even launched yet so calm down, take a deep breath and ENJOY what you can do for now >.<

EDIT : in the words of the immortal legend ... quit j0r jibba jabber !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsarugii View Post
    i really wish soo many ppl in this game were not so focused on pvp/tribal warfare/sieges/destruction

then game hasnt even launched yet so calm down, take a deep breath and ENJOY what you can do for now >.<

EDIT : in the words of the immortal legend ... quit j0r jibba jabber !!
    i guess those people have played a few mmos for more than 2 months

If you want an "end game", go play checkers

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    And I'm sure there's absolutely nothing about or within this game that you would like to be different.

yeah right.

Anyway, us SBers aren't trying to change this game, we're trying to bring this game to its full potential. We've been told of an open world, with pvp and eventual city/asset destruction. Those are the things we hold most dear, and they are things that we have a significant amount of experience with, there's few games with the longevity of the SB playerbase dedicated to one game. It's not that we think we're hard core, it's just that we know how fun it can be when group versus group pvp and asset destruction is done properly. It would be stupid of us to not want to implement the best system possible for such things.

And hey, we paid the same amount as you, so we're entitled to ask for changes we feel would benefit our time spent playing this game.

Get off your soap box.

You just joined the game 2 days ago. Get your feet off the coffee table and stop drinking the good beer.

This game doesn't need to be * fixed* by SBers whoever you are. Not to mention, not everyone thinks clubbing baby seals the first day of launch is a good time. let the game launch first for God sakes!! Then I'm sure the developers will have a little more time to tell you what their vision for the game is.