Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Encroachment

Encroachment

What exactly is the penalty for Tribal encroachment? Does it notify the tribe whom you're encroaching on? Does it name your name or just let them know that somewhere, someone is gathering their grass? Is there an alignment consequence? Should we care if we're encroaching on someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Araceli View Post
    What exactly is the penalty for Tribal encroachment? Does it notify the tribe whom you're encroaching on? Does it name your name or just let them know that somewhere, someone is gathering their grass? Is there an alignment consequence? Should we care if we're encroaching on someone?
    This is a good question. Personally i would like to see the tribe get an ingame message - blah is on your land type of thing. I can see the realists having an issue with it though. They are going to say that if you didnt see it, it is unrealistic for a "magical message" to notify you of trespass. I would not be into allignment penalties or any other penalty than being busted by the Tribe who own the land though.

Well , the consequence is you can be killed if caught . Its simply there to let you know that you're in more danger than normal due to the possibility a tribe member could catch you .

I don't see any need to give the tribe itself a message , as the tribal areas aren't really that large and if you have members online and active , you're more likely to catch the trespassers .

Maybe if we could tame a dog or similar, we could assign it as a guard dog that would bark if ppl were encroaching on our tribe land. That would make sence.

I think it'll work when alignment system is on. You will be marked as thief and people will be able to kill you without alignment hit. I'm not sure if stealing will affect your alignment, but it would make sense. I thnik I saw somewhere that tribe will be noticed when someone is encroaching on their territory.

Lets not forget that when you are attacked you cannot fight back as the people are invulnrable

I certainly hope you don't get marked as a thief right away. I was just wandering around yesterday on a total noob toon, crouched down to scavenge in a junkpile and it then said I was encroaching... after I gathered something.

There's no way of telling where tribe boundaries are when you're walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Motlee View Post
    I certainly hope you don't get marked as a thief right away. I was just wandering around yesterday on a total noob toon, crouched down to scavenge in a junkpile and it then said I was encroaching... after I gathered something.

There's no way of telling where tribe boundaries are when you're walking around.
    Game tells you when you're entering tribe area. Theres message "You're entering ..." and that's the point that you can kill a thief when he stealing, not after when he already stole from you.

This will probably end up as a red name on the encroacher for 5 minutes or so. Maybe a special color for encroachments (I vote fuchsia)

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    Game tells you when you're entering tribe area. Theres message "You're entering ..." and that's the point that you can kill a thief when he stealing, not after when he already stole from you.
    In theory.. But in practice, how would you differentiate between entering a game named area and entering a cleverly named player area?

"You are now entering Mount Evergreen"

Is that player or game? Poor noob wouldn't know.. I wouldn't know, having only explored a small area heh