Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    If there are no restrictions then setting alignment would have no real purpose in this game imo.
    And why is that a bad thing? Alignment sounds like a declaration of intent...nothing more. I see no real purpose behind alignment in terms of game mechanics and certainly hope none are made a hardcoded part of the game. The glory of a sandbox game is that those playing in the sand get to make up the rules concerning their interactions with each other.

My tribe, the Sac and Fox, may be a good aligned guild...but my neighbor, the Iroquois Confederacy (also a good aligned guild) has been hording all the trash dumps and wont give me permission to cross their land to get to that prime fishing hole. I have meditated long on the subject and sought guidance from my spirit totem...the great bear came to me in a peyote induced dream and showed me the path...the Iroquois must be forcibly removed for the good of my tribe...it is a moral imperative. Nothing in the game should prevent me from warring with like-aligned tribes...or from creating temporary alliances with dissimilar aligned tribes (the enemy of my enemy being my friend after all).

BTW: 2 servers are a great idea...when there is a population to support it...and only then.

2 servers with different rule sets? I don't think so. As I said elsewhere, post apocalypse should not be a euphemism for crafters paradise.

I'd rather see a RP PVE server(with dueling only) and a PVP server(anything goes). I would think having so much wildlife in game would prevent a crafters paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradishar View Post
    BTW: 2 servers are a great idea...when there is a population to support it...and only then.

2 servers with different rule sets? I don't think so.
    I agree, and the population is nowhere near the point they need a 2nd server.

I believe that splitting the population for any reason now would cripple the game to the point where it's not worth the investment of time and money, just for myself. Of course a 2 server game would limp along, probably for months, but it isn't one that I'd be playing a year from now.

I just hope Jordi comes clean on what his plans are before Prelude begins. That backdoor question in the 'wipe survey email' wasn't exactly straightforward. If there are 2 servers, I just want to get my pre-orders cancelled in a timely manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Araceli View Post
    Really? Then please enlighten us as to the current character population as well as how many logins the server can handle. You seem to know and I am sure many of us are curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Araceli View Post
    That's the number #1 question right now. And Jordi has not told us. We do not know how many clients he has, or how many his game engine can support per instance.

It's driving us nutts!

Yes and the last week or so is in no way a good indicator of game population, considering the many resets, lag and impending wipe. I think it best to consider what the probable game population will be at 'go time' but that would be common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystais View Post
    Yes and the last week or so is in no way a good indicator of game population, considering the many resets, lag and impending wipe. I think it best to consider what the probable game population will be at 'go time' but that would be common sense.
    Speaking of which, why is Jordi not organizing/scheduling times for us to "stress" test the server? For example, make an annoucement telling everyone to log in at a certain time, everyone who does gets 1-2 days free or something (motivation for people to actually do it). I am a little worried since noone is really online that the server is going to get slammed again when he releases.

Agreed. I assume the last things he wants is another repeat of the first launch.