Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Oh, that'll go well.

Hi, lonely soloer. Your totem up on that tiny ledge has a radius just large enough to slightly infringe on this junkpile and stream. Both of which belong to us, by virtue of our ability to smite you and your totem down and crush your piddling hopes and dreams of a log cabin to dust beneath our feet.

See ya later.

Oh, you don't want to leave?

Good. Now you shall feel the force of our mighty, 10 member tribe wrath! *Commence with evil laughter here*
    And this will go well, too:

Oh, hello fellow Tahoen. I see you have set up camp near our spot, and by the might of the Ancients, our presence is not allowed within certain radius.

May we offer compensation for your removal?

Oh, no? Well, then let us take your land by force!

*zerg rush*
    *swing**swing**swing**swing**swing**swing**swing** swing*

My lord! It seems this Tahoen is protected by the Ancients himself! He can not die, we can not force him off. It is his will alone that decides our fate!

Don't mistake me; I do understand the concern. However it goes both ways, and the sense of entitlement that some people seem to have here is largely caused by a misunderstanding that tribes, by virtue of being larger, pay more and have more rights to land than homesteaders. This is, as demonstrated, not the case.

My ideal solution would be that instead of having 1=50 and 5=250, it should be a limit based on a linear distribution, using sq m rather than the radius in meters as the deciding factors.
    So,
    1= 7853 sq m (gives radius 50m)
    5 = 39265 sq m (gives radius ~110m)

After that, tribe radius increases every time a new member joins. If the growing circle meets another reserved area, it continues growing in all other directions - if it grows enough, it may end up surrounding and enveloping the smaller circle.

Would you mind using the decimal symbol like 3.56 or something similar?

Because I dont think 5 = 39 thousand square meters...

And yes, surrounding a smaller circle would be good. But what about if lets say, a tribe gets 4 people to place their homestead around a tribe who had just placed their totem. Giving the current rules, plus that addition, tribes would have to run though the land that they surround, being vulnerable to attack, but unable to attack the people inside.

Quote Originally Posted by AegisGuild3 View Post
    Would you mind using the decimal symbol like 3.56 or something similar?

Because I dont think 5 = 39 thousand square meters...
    Step 1 (find area, from radius 50m): A=sq(R)*PI, A=sq(50m)*PI= 2500*PI = 7853 sq m
    Step 2 (find equivalent area for 5 people): 5 x 7853 sq m = 39265 sq m

no decimals. A circle with a ~110m (111.79m) radius has an area of 39265 sq m

Quote Originally Posted by Daeish View Post
    Step 1 (find area, from radius 50m): A=sq(R)*PI, A=sq(50m)*PI= 2500*PI = 7853 sq m
    Step 2 (find equivalent area for 5 people): 5 x 7853 sq m = 39265 sq m

no decimals. A circle with a ~110m (111.79m) radius has an area of 39265 sq m
    Ah. Yes. I sometimes forget that the scale is 1:9 to real life. Where 1 meter in game is actually 9 meters where it would be in real life. So the land seems a lot smaller than what it actually is.

Do what we did.
    First person from our tribe to get to our patch set up a temporary totem. second person set up as close as possible to stop another dropping there. once we had enough people to set up a tribe and allow the other two to delete, we then dropped down our tribe totem.

Of course this is going to be hard for those with just enough to set up a tribe though. But still, we all start the same.

I have the good fortune of being in a tribe that isnt threatened so much by tribes. We accept that they have just as much right to start as us. if they want to solo, then that's thier choice and they should get the same start as us. If we want to start a tribe...THATS OUR CHOICE....and we have to go through the difficulty of starting out slower.

as i see it....the start of this game is me awaking and not remembering any skills or memorys of what happened...that's why we start of so basic. This also means that i couldnt remember my friends, family and any factions etc i may have been part of.......

So i simply can't expect to start the game as part of a huge community...i need to work on building one....a bit like a sandbox you could say

Oh, hello fellow Tahoen. I see you have set up camp near our spot, and by the might of the Ancients, our presence is not allowed within certain radius.

*zerg rush*

My lord! It seems this Tahoen is protected by the Ancients himself! He can not die, we can not force him off. It is his will alone that decides our fate!
    just camp him into his area! hell get bored of not being able to leave his safe area. isnt that the joy of sandbox?

Quote Originally Posted by shukes View Post
    just camp him into his area! hell get bored of not being able to leave his safe area. isnt that the joy of sandbox?
    The joy of a sandbox is having the tools in-game to do it yourself. In a sandbox, you would be able to camp him until he gave up, or destroy his totem.

*zerg rush*

Works fine for me. And you have the same protection, plus the added perk of being able to leave your tribe and set up a homestead in whatever location you fancy until you've gathered whatever resources you choose, whereupon you can rejoin your tribe. That is something a solo player who doesn't want to lose his belongings and location cannot do.

Nor can we set up an area large enough to cover as many resources as you can.

Nor can we wander out of our safe area with all of our tools, knowing a tribe member can replace them all if we are killed and looted. Tribes already have a huge advantage over solo players. I'm fine with all of those things, but you tribes just want more and more. And you have enough already.

Know who I think is getting shafted? Homesteaders with 4 members. Don't they only get the radius that a single player receives? And all of them are crowded into it together. Might as well not bother at all until you have five people. It's not like they can expand once they recruit another person, either. They have to dissolve their homestead and create a tribe, if nothing is within the wider range requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by shukes View Post
    Man, as a pvp'er, this sound like fun!