Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
The DF server lagged for one week, thats it. not bad for a indy company. When the NA server was released you had more than 3 month time to transfere your character for free.......so much to that
I remember hordes of people attempting to buy the game daily. Remember when they would say "OK, EVERYONE CAN BUY FROM 11-12 EUROTIME. LIMITED COPIES" and then they were sold out within 2 minutes? I remember getting billed the full amount of game, not actually "buying" the game, and not getting reimbursed. This went on for a couple months at release.

When did that NA server get offered? Wasn't it like 9 months down the road from launch? Waaaaaaay off the scope of the original plan? Also, didnt you have to start from scratch without migrating any skills/items? I was pretty sure you had to buy the NA "client" or something like that as well...

That was whenever the remaining part of my associates said "F THAT" and walked away.

I really did like DF, believed in it, and dealt with many of the "stupid" things they did for quite awhile. I really do wish it would have turned out differently.