Screen Resolution & Performance

Don't know what section to post this, but can I reduce my screen resolution under options for increased performance and then still maximize the screen when I'm playing the game? I used to play WW2 Battleground Europe and believe this option was available. I am also trying to use Game Booster and Advanced System Care to help out, has anyone had a good experience with these two?

Not hard to test out -- just change the resolution to something less than the native of your monitor and leave it set to Fullscreen.

I'm fairly certain it would work, I can't say I've ever seen a game where it wouldn't. I'd test it if I were at home.

I have another problem - it doesnt matter what res/texture size I have, I have the same fps - 12. I can play in window - no change of fps. Any clue?

Try to reduce Shadows .. it helps a lot

Shadows are off. AA on or off, doesnt make change in fps.

Xsyon is still fairly unoptimized. Mortal Online suffered from the same thing close to launch as well. With bug fixes and patches will eventually come engine/performance improvements. It will just take time.

I like to think I have a pretty decent gaming rig and even I stutter at some places in the game.

Weird. I think my rig is pretty mediocre and I only have to turn off advanced shadows on some occasions. I still have a ridiculously far view range on the environment as well. When it's winter, however, it feels like hardware has a harder time. Possibly the reflection/refraction of light off of the snow. When I turn one of those off (if I have adv shadows on) things are fine.

@Don
    Gcard drivers up to date?

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    @Don
    Gcard drivers up to date?
    Always. But nvm, i can still beat others on 1v1.