Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    On that note, What happens if a leader quits xsyon? Is power handed to the next higher up? What happens if there are multiple higher ups at the same level of power, who gets it then?
    Perhaps a tribal voting system. Its worked well in othe rgames ive used it in, such as RF Online. A tribe member can nominate a new leader, then the guild (or at least the senate/officers) vote Yes or No. If there are enough votes for it to pass, they become the new leader.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    On that note, What happens if a leader quits xsyon? Is power handed to the next higher up? What happens if there are multiple higher ups at the same level of power, who gets it then?
    Yes, its handed to the next higher up. No idea what happens if there are more players with the same power.

Id tribe wants a homestead removed then they should negotiate with owner and offer him something in return for his terriroty. What is with all the "crash kill and destroy" attitude? This game is what you mke out of it and if you want to make a permament war zone then you can expect only resistance. Negotiations and trade is what works better in RL.

War
    What is it good for
    Absolutely nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Id tribe wants a homestead removed then they should negotiate with owner and offer him something in return for his terriroty. What is with all the "crash kill and destroy" attitude? This game is what you mke out of it and if you want to make a permament war zone then you can expect only resistance. Negotiations and trade is what works better in RL.

War
    What is it good for
    Absolutely nothing
    Negotiations IRL only work because the alternative is war. War = death, Death = fear, Fear = power and Power = control.

This (all MMOs) game lacks one crucial piece, fear. There's no reason to fear anything anymore. You lose your stuff? Make some more. You died? respawn and carry on.

Once you bring back fear of actions or consequence then you will see societies and politics being to flourish.

Didn't I read somewhere that they will be making single-player homesteads attackable/unsafe in future while Tribe homesteads will be safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Probein View Post
    Didn't I read somewhere that they will be making single-player homesteads attackable/unsafe in future while Tribe homesteads will be safe?
    No, I don't think any dev would want put a nail in the Xsyon coffin by singling out 1 playstyle like that.

No, they didn't say anything like that.

No , and if they did , then this game would lose at least 30% of its playerbase overnight ( judging that form the polls on peoples playstyles / how they will be setting up ) .

As I was read through the thread, I can't help but think the problem is in the game mechanic itself. Reserving of land is a difficult proposition since it assumes growth (tribe will continue to add people), and requires that no other player infringes on the space/area/radius of the placed totem.

Which led to me to start thinking about the mechanics of the totem,and that having two (or three, if you count clans now too) different "types" of totems might be the issue.

What if the mechanic was changed, so that all totems were "homestead" size (50m, or whatever). As a player joined a tribe, their "homestead" would then be incorporated into the tribal space (marked as tribal land, and usable by the tribe)?

Effectively, this would mean a tribe would grow as players were added to the tribe and then placed their own totems to expand the tribal area. Conversely, if a player leaves, that area is no longer bound to the tribe. Tribal lands could then take on irregular shapes and grow around true homesteaders, without the worry of being blocked out by a single player.

Also, it would address land rush issues, since tribal formation is not solely dependent on formation prior to the claim. Essentially a "tribe" would be 2 or more players that have decided to aggregate their land for shared purpose.

Obviously there are programmatic issues (gaps between homesteads, maximum sizes of tribes, and a massive change in code) ... but it seems that it could/would address many of the issues raised in this thread?

Thoughts?