Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    Key words are homestead/homestead. Im talking about homestead/tribe. When you plant a tribe totem, you HAVE to have the radius of 250m clear from any other claimed land. Because that is the maximum, and it has to be reserved.
    So...I fail to see an issue here. If some one places before another, what gives the late ones the right to the land? just because they are a tribe? That doesn't make sense and sounds very selfish.

2. 03-02-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    and how is that the homesteads fault??
    You imply totems have a mind of their own. Well, the devs decide how the totems behave, and the devs wont change anything when solo players cry that it IS fair and the likes.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    So...I fail to see an issue here. If some one places before another, what gives the late ones the right to the land? just because they are a tribe? That doesn't make sense and sounds very selfish.
    And you dont think its selfish that a solo player can claim land in an instant, all alone, and block tribes for such a large area? Pot calling the kettle black...

just harvest the land anyway, whats the worst that can happen? loose a good alignment? oh my!

Yes! I do want to give tribes advantages. Want to know why? They have multitudes of more people than any homestead will ever have. They pay more money, as a whole, and usually pay longer than any solo player ever does. There are no NPCs, no pre-made towns, no nothing, and its all up to TRIBES to rebuild this world. So, you entitle yourself with "same rights" but while most tribes are creating cities for people to live in, youre going to be up in the mountains crying that you dont have the land for your cows to roam on.
    Wrong, we all pay the same. Just because you have BFFs in game, doesn't mean you pay more. So yes, every player has the same rights as the others. Once again this thought process is very selfish.

And you dont think its selfish that a solo player can claim land in an instant, all alone, and block tribes for such a large area? Pot calling the kettle black...
    No, I don't since tribes can do the same by grouping up creating a tribe, then laying the totem down.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    +1

This is just another " Cry " thread of " oh no , someone beat me to a nice spot first " . So instead of going exploring and finding somewhere else , they come here and " whine " .

[QUOTE=Tehralph;55738]You imply totems have a mind of their own.QUOTE]

No not at all you were complaining that homesteads block tribes because u have to leave 250 or whatever radius as reserve for your tribe to grow. Well, if thats a problem why dont you campaign on here to remove the reserved land for tribes future use and maybe you should only expand into new land when new members arrive and not have it reserved? It doesnt make sense that you would argue for less rights for homesteads based on what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    The other solution is to surround the homesteader with multiple homesteads, essentially forcing them to go into your tribes safezones if they want to leave. When they leave, you kill them until they pull up stakes. Then place a tribe totem.
    That relies on the WILL of the player. Hell, he could have 2 accounts, and never log onto the homestead account again. If there isnt any in-game mechanic to resolve this issue, many, many people are going to get pissed.

Yes! I do want to give tribes advantages. Want to know why? They have multitudes of more people than any homestead will ever have. .
    This isnt true either, the biggest poll on the forums about the subject shows that half the player base plays alone or in small groups
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-going-to-play

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    This isnt true either, the biggest poll on the forums about the subject shows that half the player base plays alone or in small groups
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-going-to-play
    Sorry, but that poll is invalid. It was made when 10+ was the decider for totem placement. Now its 5+. So the 2-9 covers two groups. No way to tell which part of that vote is homestead, and which part is tribe.

Sorry, but that poll is invalid. It was made when 10+ was the decider for totem placement. Now its 5+. So the 2-9 covers two groups. No way to tell which part of that vote is homestead, and which part is tribe.
    if we spilt it 50/50 theres still a sizable part of the community that plays that way. Too large to think about giving them more restrictions than others when as people have said before we all pay the same amount to play.