Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Probably said before but i didn't read all the replies.

It's just as easy for a tribe as for a solo player to claim land.
    After wipe, let all tribe members go and find a good spot and claim it as a solo player, later remove the homestead and let the tribe place the totem.

Quote Originally Posted by pilok View Post

After wipe, let all tribe members go and find a good spot and claim it as a solo player, later remove the homestead and let the tribe place the totem.
    So 1=5 and 50m-R = 250m-R? Shit fuck! I didnt know my math was so wrong!
    No, its not just as easy for a tribe to plant as it is a solo player. Refer to above. Solo needs 1 player, tribe needs 5. Solo needs a 50m radius clear, tribe needs a 250m radius clear. Im tired of all these people claiming its the "same" for the two when the numbers so vividly prove such accusations wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AegisGuild3 View Post
    So 1=5 and 50m-R = 250m-R? Shit fuck! I didnt know my math was so wrong!
    No, its not just as easy for a tribe to plant as it is a solo player. Refer to above. Solo needs 1 player, tribe needs 5. Solo needs a 50m radius clear, tribe needs a 250m radius clear. Im tired of all these people claiming its the "same" for the two when the numbers so vividly prove such accusations wrong.
    Its as simple as getting 5 of your tribe members at the start point add them to your tribe and then have the leader go and place. And boom totem placed in 3-10 minutes depending where your located. Still not a reason to have one player favored over another.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    Its as simple as getting 5 of your tribe members at the start point add them to your tribe and then have the leader go and place. And boom totem placed in 3-10 minutes depending where your located. Still not a reason to have one player favored over another.
    And a homestead is as simple as getting one person to the spot. No waiting for others to create their characters, just one person. The current system is going to leave a lot of space unused, and even more people mad. because of all the reserved land it takes to place a totem. Question is, do we screw over solo players, or tribes?

Quote Originally Posted by AegisGuild3 View Post
    And a homestead is as simple as getting one person to the spot. No waiting for others to create their characters, just one person. The current system is going to leave a lot of space unused, and even more people mad. because of all the reserved land it takes to place a totem. Question is, do we screw over solo players, or tribes?
    That is the million dollar question. I am not apposed to the original plan of tribes get a headstart of say a few hours but after that it should always be first come first serve. The reason I agree to this is that was the original plan we all singed up for on the first "launch".

It could be your first meaningful guild pvp event... I'm pretty sure if you killed the guy before he placed the totem he'd rather re-roll than keep playing with no items.

I would move if a big tribe asked me simply because I want to see a huge city in a largely flat area heh, and they could just as easily stop me from even venturing out of my homestead if they wanted. But then again I've got like 4-5 possible homestead choices and never have I seen anyone at them for weeks. If I was a big tribe, I wouldn't have just 1 spot picked out because getting jacked is kind of part of land grab and I wouldn't be surprised if the deeper green mist areas are way better than what we've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by pilok View Post

That wouldn't work bc the radius for homesteads is smaller than that of tribes, so if a singular tribe person went and put down a homestead and then someone else put down a homestead within whatever a tribes radius would be, you wouldn't be able to destroy your homestead totem and put up a tribe one.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    I would move if a big tribe asked me simply because I want to see a huge city in a largely flat area heh, and they could just as easily stop me from even venturing out of my homestead if they wanted. But then again I've got like 4-5 possible homestead choices and never have I seen anyone at them for weeks. If I was a big tribe, I wouldn't have just 1 spot picked out because getting jacked is kind of part of land grab and I wouldn't be surprised if the deeper green mist areas are way better than what we've seen so far.

/this

Plus

I would move if a tribe asked me to move in a decent manor. BUT , that's is certainly NOT what these tribes are asking. They just want more rights than homesteaders and what is really discusting is that they just might get them.

I'm sorry but I'm not sitting on the back of the bus for you folks. We should all have equal rights.

I am a reasonable person and even consider the places I have picked out to be most fair and not anything a large tribe could fit on. But don't you dare threaten me with griefing because I would rather die than budge one inch.

So I would suggest using a little sugar instead of vinegar. I would guess most homesteaders are good natured or they would seek out pvp guilds or whatever gankers are calling themselves these days.

We aren't the enemy so please stop treating us like one.

homesteads should start out at 10 square meters and only grow as a person is able to build larger buildings on that land. If a person just wants to have a small hut then his land area is small. If he decides to take the time to develop skills to build a larger home and other buildings, then he can grow hos land.

Maybe basing it on buildings is not the way to go, but it would be nice if a person has to spend time and effort into growing a homestead instead of immediately getting the max chunk of land available. Perhaps maybe it grows per week of time that haomestead is active. I dunno just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm not sitting on the back of the bus for you folks. We should all have equal rights.

We aren't the enemy so stop treating us like one.

But that's the problem. It's NOT equal. It's completely tilted in favor of the solo homesteader.

Where tribes have any advantage there, it's tilted towards the other extreme, towards the largest tribes.

The ones left holding the short end of the stick are everyone in between, all the middle sized tribes, who have to find full sized tribe areas but can only use a small portion of them. Both extremes have it good, and everyone else, probably the majority, are ill-served by this system.

And no one's treating YOU as the problem, or as an enemy. The problem is the way it's working. Not that you're using it as it is.