Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    How about letting those who place tribe totems use ALL of the land they're laying claim to in the form of the max radius from the outset, since they're already "paying" for it by having to find a large enough area to accomodate it?

If they're not large enough to police all that area and keep people from "encroaching", well, that's the way it goes. It's the same problem they have now.

No one else is hurt, because it's not land they'd be able to use anyway, since it's already within the tribe's max boundry.

If this was the case, then a 10-15 member tribe (for instance) could find enough playable area within the boundry they already control to be happy, despite having to have placed thier totem in a less than favorable overall position at the outset because of interfering solo homesteads.

Seems like a solution that has the potential to leave everyone happy.

The problem with the current system isn't that the largest tribes are having an issue...because they already have this advantage. It's the medium sized tribes, who have to find a full sized tribe area, but can only use a small part of it, that are getting hammered.

Since I already can guess the objections to the previous suggestion, how about this solution:

Let me choose the spot within the boundry I've already claimed, that I want to start my "growth" from. And let that sub-radius within the larger max tribe radius be the area I can build within, and let it expand as I add members until it fills in the max radius already reserved for my tribe.

As opposed to the current system that says I have to grow from the centerpoint of the already reserved max tribe radius.

Quote Originally Posted by Escargot View Post
    Since I already can guess the objections to the previous suggestion, how about this solution:

Let me choose the spot within the boundry I've already claimed, that I want to start my "growth" from. And let that sub-radius within the larger max tribe radius be the area I can build within, and let it expand as I add members until it fills in the max radius already reserved for my tribe.

As opposed to the current system that says I have to grow from the centerpoint of the already reserved max tribe radius.
    Good point. The gripe is, as an example, a small tribe wants to have it's area covering junk and water. A homestead is 140 meters away and the tribe cannot place the totem to cover the junk/water. The tribe moves back far enought to be able to place a totem but no longer does the junk/water fall within their radius. If the tribe grows enough in size over a period of time, it will engulf the junk/water desired, if it remains moderate in size, it cannot claim the junk/water within it's boundries, but no one else can claim that land either.

Allow a tribe to use the land that is reserverd, rather then have it (the land) sit there wasted on the hopes a tribe grows large enough to fill the area already reserved and wasted.

Easy solution , push the green mist back ... plenty of land.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Redemp View Post
    Easy solution , push the green mist back ... plenty of land.

Done.
    This...all these problems arise because we don't have enough playground.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    And how many more problems will arise when the nearest person is a 20 minute run away...

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    We do, it just no one wants to travel more then 3 zones away from the lake. In my travels I can across tons of flat lands far away from the lake. People need to step away from their comfort zones, there's a big world out there.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    We do, it just no one wants to travel more then 3 zones away from the lake. In my travels I can across tons of flat lands far away from the lake. People need to step away from their comfort zones, there's a big world out there.
    That is because there is few junk and sand in the mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe, one zone mist border removal and a start point or two AWAY from the lake would ease all these problems and make launch smoother.

/shrug

One thing i dont think i've seen suggested anywhere in these talks...... How about just inviting the person with the homestead to your tribe? I mean unless you just want to socialize with the people already in your tribe and only in your tribe. But then we will hear " I shouldnt be forced to associate with someone to be able to blah blah blah) but thats exactly what your expecting of the solo player.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8forya View Post
    One thing i dont think i've seen suggested anywhere in these talks...... How about just inviting the person with the homestead to your tribe? I mean unless you just want to socialize with the people already in your tribe and only in your tribe. But then we will hear " I shouldnt be forced to associate with someone to be able to blah blah blah) but thats exactly what your expecting of the solo player.

Just a thought.
    Yeah, we've tried to talk to the person blocking our land, but he just ignores us and keeps doing what he's doing.