Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Massively.com's coverage of Xsyon

Hey guys...not to toot my own employer's horn, but MJ over at Massively is going to be playing the game over the next several weeks for the "Choose my Adventure" column.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/03...pocalypse-now/

Basically, the community votes on what she needs to do and she does it in game. This is a good opportunity for the community to show how passionate it is, and to show off some aspects of the game. As someone who has written the column before, I want to emphasize that community involvement is a HUGE help! So, go over there, comment and vote for her!

Beau Hindman

I think having Massively do a choose my adventure at this stage in the game is a huge mistake, there is still a lot of work the devs are putting into it before the launch and after, that needs to be given time to iron out.

Lol. And to think the possibility of this game falling due to over publicity when it isnt even released, let alone ready for marketing. Its going to bring a lot of skeptics knocking at our door.

I hope she doesn't name her characters something obvious or she is going to get killed a lot likely

Give the game a month or so and revist.. I would much rather you talk about how the devs are working close with players and guilds. I wouldn't mind you mentioning basic concepts of the game. New things that have been discussed and how much of a true sandbox it is turning out to be. I wouldn't put to much else into it just yet. You article should be a heads up and games to look for in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    I hope she doesn't name her characters something obvious or she is going to get killed a lot likely
    I would follow by her side if need be, as a bodygaurd perhaps, shoot me a /w ig.

It's better not to let anyone know who this person is in-game. Let her report her experiences as a normal player would experience them.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    It's better not to let anyone know who this person is in-game. Let her report her experiences as a normal player would experience them.
    100% agree!

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    /this

She will have a good time and should write something decent. This game is unlike anything out there, even in it's broken state at the moment.
    lol

If you haven't followed one of these before at Massively they are a lot of fun. Head on over there and vote for what skills she should start with. In the past they've given lots of opportunity to backseat drive the character. The voting for the skills closes 3/7 so she should be ready to jump in right at headstart.

Is this the best time to do this? Eh, probably not but something about the game has grabbed a hold of us, why not her? Besides the fact, it's the Massively readers who voted on the game they wanted her to play.