Any news on the European server?

A while ago Jooky revealed they had aquired server capacity in europe if the population grew enough to warrant it. I wondered if, considering the recent influx players and peoples compaints about lack of tribe land space, this was under consideration at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    A while ago Jooky revealed they had aquired server capacity in europe if the population grew enough to warrant it. I wondered if, considering the recent influx players and peoples compaints about lack of tribe land space, this was under consideration at the moment?
    If the community splits we'd have another DF, and im out.
    And alot of tribes have recruited over both EU/US so na ty.

But to answer your question, na havnt heard anything

It would suck to split the players across servers.
    But if there had to be a split for whatever reason I'd prefer an EU server rather then another one based in the US.
    At least we'd get a better ping, although I would prefer one server if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    It would suck to split the players across servers.
    But if there had to be a split for whatever reason I'd prefer an EU server rather then another one based in the US.
    At least we'd get a better ping, although I would prefer one server if at all possible.
    Well my ping from sweden is about 100-125 and since its not a twitch based game it doesnt really matter, you can even play BfBc2 with a 100 ping

yeah id much rather have a EU and US rather than 2 US one being chaos that may attract 10% of the playerbase. Space does seem to be an issue you only have to see the amount of posts about tribe space ect to see where we are heading. I think over the next few months the population will increase further. If there was tio be a server split, best to do it early rather than in a years time imo.

A EU server kills this game, my guild has both continents, many others do too. It crippled DF, it will do the same for Xsyon. I know the devs must realize this. Give it a year, if the pop is getting too big and lag is an issue, open a 2nd server in EU or wherever, but don't do it now or RIP Xsyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    A EU server kills this game, my guild has both continents, many others do too. It crippled DF, it will do the same for Xsyon. I know the devs must realize this. Give it a year, if the pop is getting too big and lag is an issue, open a 2nd server in EU or wherever, but don't do it now or RIP Xsyon.
    Exactly my idea. Just use the 2nd server to reinforce the first one, and pull back the fog.

I guess I'm not in the same position I was with DF.
    My clan upped and left for NA-1 and I didn't fancy the move. Granted as Archangei points out Xsyon is not a twitch game but DF is and it simply wasn't an option for me. I know many people who transferred over and came strait back because of the ping/lag/lack of people on at EU prime time.
    Currently all of the people playing Xsyon from my clan are Eu based.
    I hadn't thought about clans with a mix of NA and EU members >.<

no reason to base the decision on zergy clans that grab as many members as possible, imo. They can always recruit more on their proper server.

If the pop is too great for one server, I'd rather see a second one based on EU than on a different ruleset.

If the pop is not too great, than one server is plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    no reason to base the decision on zergy clans that grab as many members as possible, imo. They can always recruit more on their proper server.

If the pop is too great for one server, I'd rather see a second one based on EU than on a different ruleset.

If the pop is not too great, than one server is plenty.
    ^ agree