Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

To people considering buying

First off, this is just my views from playing and reading these forums.

I'll start off by saying this game has great potential, I love old school UO, the exploration, the danger etc, Xsyon captures that from the moment you log in.

The gfx are rather outdated, but for a lot of old schoolers that's not so important. The UI is clunky, buggy and quite frankly naff.

The whole crafting system is awesome, from the scavenging to the actual finished product is pretty unique in today's glut of buy this click that mmorp crafting clones.

I cannot comment on combat, as I believe animal spawns are turned off ATM, and I've yet to engage in pvp.

This brings me to my final point, content......with mere days to go until release I'm shocked at the state of the game tbh, apparently a lot of features are disabled right now, but a look through the forums shows no real Dev updates for 2-3 months.

Bottom line, if I hadn't already paid my money, I'd be waiting a few months to make sure the game doesn't go the way of a few other mmorps and fold after taking folks money.

This games potential will only be realised if the Devs work on it, and communicate on a regular basis about the state of the game and future updates.

Quote Originally Posted by xaradt View Post
    ... but a look through the forums shows no real Dev updates for 2-3 months.

... This games potential will only be realised if the Devs work on it, and communicate on a regular basis about the state of the game and future updates.
    The funny thing is that you obviously missed a whole forum section with dev updates.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...pdates-Archive

I'm not too big to admit I missed something

Thanks for pointing that out, the other points remain tho, and I'm sure I read somewhere that animals were turned on again, yet I've still to see one, even a bunny.

Hopefully come launch there will be a huge post on what is still to be switched on/implemented and some kind of timescale for such.

Oh and a better manual

example....What is the difference between the different tools of the same type, Pioneer's, Forager's, Trapper's etc. I'm guessing quality or durability or something, but there's no way to tell. Little things like this need to be addressed imho, then a great game I'm sure this will be.

Quote Originally Posted by xaradt View Post
    I'm not too big to admit I missed something

Thanks for pointing that out, the other points remain tho, and I'm sure I read somewhere that animals were turned on again, yet I've still to see one, even a bunny.

Hopefully come launch there will be a huge post on what is still to be switched on/implemented and some kind of timescale for such.

Oh and a better manual

example....What is the difference between the different tools of the same type, Pioneer's, Forager's, Trapper's etc. I'm guessing quality or durability or something, but there's no way to tell. Little things like this need to be addressed imho, then a great game I'm sure this will be.
    the animals are on.. u just have to find them .... u know if u stay in 1 place scavenging the animals w'ont come to you by thereselves.
    the durability is off for now coz of testing what cousing the lags.. but they got to the point that Terraforming did that..
    and just remmber its just a prelude so ... every body knows that at this time the bugs are revealing.

I was totally expecting this kind of thing when i pre-ordered as i know they are an indie company with not much cash.. but for the price you cant go wrong.. in the UK it basically cost me £25 for the pre-order, i get to test now adn then on release i also get 2 months free.. and to be totally honest this game is in a better state than MO was and they had a shit load more money and actually brought a 3rd party engine and did not make their own.. plus MO was silly money no idea why i pre-ordered that lol..

But for the price of this i was happy to take the risk and i was suprised at how wel lthe game plays when there is no lag.. game dont look amazing sure but its not the worse looknig game out there..

I won’t purchase a game based on potential, every game has or had it. I investigate the current features and base my opinion on that.

Xsyon in its current state will keep me busy for a few months. I am hopeful new features will be introduced justifying my subscription but potential doesn’t earn my money.