Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcom View Post
    Pretty sure this is BS. How was the download server ready a week ago? You guys were doing so good with the truth too.
    A download server is a simple thing to set up, as all it does is, well, download stuff. Setting up a server for hosting a production application requires much more tuning, testing, and tweaking.

If the game is delayed again, I'll probably get a refund and return to this game a few months later once things have settled and the dev(s) start rolling out new content and enabling most of the game features. Delays make me edgy with inidie games, especially when it has a 12month delay already under its hood, if I'd have known that, I wouldn't have preordered yet.

Wasn't the " new " server supposed to have been ready for the intial ( this years ) launch of 1st March ? Pretty sure that was part of the "reason " for the lag on the 18th Feb was because the game was currently at an " interim " location and was supposed ot be moved to the new one with higher bandwtidh by the 1st March ..... or did i dream that ?

I hope I'm proven wrong, but I don't think there is a chance that we launch on the 7th or 8th.

It's already the 3rd & we haven't seen an update from Jordi in 4 days. The window he set for himself is closing rapidly. Even if he does magically get the server situation sorted out this week, that leaves only a couple days of testing it to make sure all is in good working order.

And while I know that setting up a game server is not quite like building a home PC, I feel confident that it should not take weeks & weeks. Hell, when Rift saw that they were sorely under-powered they had 30+ new servers up in less than a day.

My inner conspiracy theorist says there is much more to the story here. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Jordi's hosting company can't provide what he wants/needs to make this happen. If they could, it probably would have been done back in November when he first requested the power upgrade.

However, he's probably stuck in a contract with them for what he has now. He can't afford to pay out this contract & not use the server AND pay a new hosting provider for another working server. So, he (and we) are stuck with pleading to the current hosts for better hardware/bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    I hope I'm proven wrong, but I don't think there is a chance that we launch on the 7th or 8th.

It's already the 3rd & we haven't seen an update from Jordi in 4 days. The window he set for himself is closing rapidly. Even if he does magically get the server situation sorted out this week, that leaves only a couple days of testing it to make sure all is in good working order.

And while I know that setting up a game server is not quite like building a home PC, I feel confident that it should not take weeks & weeks. Hell, when Rift saw that they were sorely under-powered they had 30+ new servers up in less than a day.

My inner conspiracy theorist says there is much more to the story here. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Jordi's hosting company can't provide what he wants/needs to make this happen. If they could, it probably would have been done back in November when he first requested the power upgrade.

However, he's probably stuck in a contract with them for what he has now. He can't afford to pay out this contract & not use the server AND pay a new hosting provider for another working server. So, he (and we) are stuck with pleading to the current hosts for better hardware/bandwidth.
    I do not think it's a hosting issue. Has to be software related at this point. It's not like he is in a third world country with the hosting, he is hosting with a company in Chicago. They should easily have the resources to host his software, and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Honelith View Post
    If the game is delayed again, I'll probably get a refund and return to this game a few months later once things have settled and the dev(s) start rolling out new content and enabling most of the game features. Delays make me edgy with inidie games, especially when it has a 12month delay already under its hood, if I'd have known that, I wouldn't have preordered yet.
    in my view this is a perfectly reasonable and understandable reaction.

To All,

has reality sunk in yet? or is everyone still in denial phase?

Well jordi theres always next year...

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    I do not think it's a hosting issue. Has to be software related at this point. It's not like he is in a third world country with the hosting, he is hosting with a company in Chicago. They should easily have the resources to host his software, and then some.
    I dunno. I certainly agree there are significant software issues Jordi is still scrambling to fix. However, no software issue explains why the hardware upgrade has been delayed for over 4 months & counting...

There is another possibility along the lines of what I first suggested....maybe Jordi can't afford the server he needs & is trying to negotiate with the hosting company. Or maybe he's locked into a contract for a certain level of hardware & the hosting company is holding him to it. Any way you slice it, there seems to be something slightly insidious behind this delay.