Quote Originally Posted by Andius View Post
But if the shiny rocks can be found by anyone just out gathering, they will use those shiny rocks. People would go out scavenging for shiny rocks all the time, even though shiny rocks have no real value outside what people assign them. Since shiny rocks can be used to pay for everything, and nobody would even think of throwing out shiny rocks, the amount of shiny rocks on the market will build and build and build.

If you allow someone to buy your coconut for 50 shiny rocks, a month later there will be even more shiny rocks on the market, and the 50 shiny rocks now is half the value of the shiny rocks when you accepted them because of hyper-inflation that comes from using an easy to obtain currency with no real value.

If I am a responsible tribe leader that can print my own currency and I back every Andian shiny rock I produce with a piece of leather, then my currency will always be worth ~1 piece of leather. (Around because how trustworthy I am factors in to the worth of my currency and even though I am a trustworthy person who would seek to prove that. I'm human making my currencies value slightly less than 1 leather to most people.)

ALSO since I am the sole provider of my currency people aren't going out spending all their time looking for Andian shiny rocks. Which would greatly reduce market productivity and hurt the economy. Instead they practice their trade and trade things to people for Andian currency or a currency of another tribe they trust. Either that or they give me leather to put in my reserve, and I give them Andian currency.

As little effort as it would take to implement my idea I think its worth a try once the server is more stable. If you wanted to trade in dollars you still could. But given that nobody is trading in dollars right now.....
Yes, but what happens when you give me some Audian currency for free initially, I trade it for some armor than never come back. The reason I wont come back is because I Can't use Audian currency anywhere except with you and unless you are the sole provider of everything, I would rather keep the armor. But, if 3 tribes agree to use Audian currency to trade amongst themselves, than that would make sense.