Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crowley23 View Post
    Id say unless your willing to call a naked man swinging an axe at your head a "teachable moment" you might just look for another family game. I have a feeling this one would not be appropriate but that’s just my 2 cents.
    I think you're on the wrong game forum. Perhaps you are thinking about Mortal Online?

Hi,

I am also a mother of 3 children. My eldest is 10 and has shown a desire to play the game. I have thought about it a bit, and decided that he could as long as he is in my tribe. Of course, there are the annoying players that can't control themselves. This activity is mostly in global chat and on the forums. As another person mentioned global chat should be gone in the future. I personally do not have a problem running around with my son hunting animals, gathering, crafting etc. There have been a few times that naked people have attacked me and stolen my pants, but Oh well not all players are like that. The map is also large and is supposed to become larger. I think children these days are fully capable of getting the jist of a game like this one. Another factor is the in-game guides who can help if your being harrassed unecessarily by another player.

I have found it very fun to have a little family design and start to build our own little area. Also for the nice price of $40 and the 2 free months after that= some fun with no real loss.

I am a mum too, my kids arent interested in playing mmos - my 16yo was slightly freaked out when I was character creating on Mortal Online but I got to say that game was a pile of crap. A guildmember in Darkfall was playing the game with his 4yo son, he used to come and chat to us in vent too - he was a better pvper than I was!

I think this would be a good game for you to play with your kids, you might want to consider joining a clan or tribe until you feel confident enough to strike out on your own. There are a lot of really good people out here in MMO land and of course there are plenty of idiots too. Just keep the kids away from the forums and i think you will all have a lot of fun

I would suggest Lord of the Rings online. There is no pvp, you can shut off the shout channels and it is a great way to improve their reading skills. After seeing what all is said and has been said ingame, I would do my best to keep my smaller children away from here at least until they give a way to shut off the chat channels you don't want to see.

if your kids are boys then this game is right for them sure there might be trolls insulting them and calling them names but to tell you the truth all games are like that there is no such thing as a family friendly game and your kids will eventually find more violent/graphic games this is just a good place to start

there are some good tribes out there that just sits in their village gathering/crafting all day which I'm sure that's what you want but a quick warning make sure your kids stay out of their ventrilo/teamspeak servers because there will be alot of curses thrown around

There's no need to be so sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    There's no need to be so sexist.
    I wasn't being sexest I'm just saying that most male kid/teens enjoy playing violent games then they do playing hellokitty crap

Well if we are going to be sexist, then let's remember girl children might enjoy tailoring and cooking (when it's implemented).

Sigh. The bad thing is, stereotypical or not, I DO enjoy tailoring, and I'll probably think cooking is fun, too.

*Note to self: Grab shovel and get in touch with masculine side via lots of digging and wall building when terraforming is back on*

*Note to self 2: Watch language, there are kids running around in this game!*

I have two of my daughters who are wanting to play Xsyon, one 13 and the other 11, and personally I don't see any reason to stop them. With any online game, or even in school you are going to come across foul mouthed, immature people. It is just a sad fact of life. My youngest, 7yr old daughter, came up to me the other day complaining about another character in Pixie Hollow, using racial slurs and obscene language. This was a game targeted at a very young audience. Anytime your children are online, they are going to be subject to it. That doesn't mean it is right, its just how it is.

Xsyon is looked upon as a mature game, has violence, ill-mannered people spouting vulgarities from time to time. But as long as your children have a strong backing, they will know right form wrong and not let it bother them. At 13-14 I am quite sure that your children have come across far worse then what they will here.

On the flip side, you will be playing together. And that is always priceless.

Thats a good way to look at it buddha I've always thought that a good upbringing will negate most of the crap they will hear in the real world, teaching kids about stuff like that is the first step in helping them understand it and decide for themselves what they will eventually believe.