Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Not totally sure what has put you off from the game, the PvP, full loot, or the language? If it's language I wouldn't say it's a huge issue. I've heard worse from xbox online or ps3 online. If they take away the Global Chat then I think it will greatly improve the experience.

If you decide to play, teach your kids the ignore feature, so if they meet a offensive player they can ignore them and I believe they will be muted.

As for the game play, it's really unique, a sandbox - so you can choose to play it the way you would like. I think it works very well with families, friends, or any groups for that matter. When you start a tribe you can find a secluded spot that looks like it wont have too much activity and place a totem there. There on you can build up your land into whatever you desire - the game is great for team-work, it can be played solo fine, but is especially fun when working with others.

You will probably encounter PvP and if this is something you want to avoid then you may want to stay near your totem for protection. If PvP is a way you want to play, it's another fun feature and works good when you have a group of people to cooperate with.

I would give it a try, maybe just try it out yourself for a bit and see how you feel about it - but I think you would be surprised by the game and what it has to offer!

Xsyon Citizen
    Although 14/13 are a little bit older and unless you raised them in a cave they've probably heard more bad words than you have.
    ok, i have to step in here because what i'm reading is just disturbing. while i may have reached the ripe old age of thirty, i can still remember my teenage years. having been homeschooled and gone through public school and having dealt with other kids...

as a teen, i would be absolutely mortified if my mother was still checking to see if certain games were safe for me to play online. embarrased to say the least. i see this kind of sheltering from time to to time and i feel sorry for the kids who are going to go out in the real world and have difficulty socializing because of such sheltering.
    now if we were talking about kids under 9 or ten, or older children who were emotionaly or socially under-developed or special needs teens, i could undertand this concern. at 13 or 14 , i think they'll be just fine. lol...this game isnt exactly what i'd call a blood and gore fest. it's a pvp sandbox game and i highly doubt any aspect of this is going to scar or damage a healthy teenage boy.
    as a matter of fact, being males of the species, they're probably already going over to thier friends house to read thier dads playboy or watch late night skin flicks on cinimax.
    its a game...i wouldnt worry.

Seriously, at 13/14 I played games with way more violence such as Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, , Legacy of Kain, etc. I turned out fine. Pretty sure your kids will too. This game isn't even that violent and as others have said they are likely to encounter just as bad if not worse language at school or on the bus.

Let the kids play. I played with my 16 and 12 year old boys, they arent sheltered. My 9 and 8 year old boys can watch but don't play .
    Edit: I will explain to the youngest how the swearing is only for the buffoon's and they , of course, must not be buffoons.