Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by shukes View Post
    I apologise for baiting here...but that was the answer i was waiting for.

So really at release every person who plays the game should be alone! they cant have a selective memory can they? you know the ones that forget all thier skills etc, but somehow seem to remember that they have nine other members of a tribe with them and also remember where thier home town is, so have a divine right to it.

Sorry for starting yet another tribe v homesteader thread up lol, just wanted to know what people thought of the argument when they considered the lore of the game.

To me the lore of the game is important and not just an afterthought. The lore of the game is the origonal vision of the game.
    You're free to roleplay your character meeting your fellow survivors for the first time and getting to know them. After reading these forums for a while, I kinda wish I could come down with a bad case of amnesia and forget some of the things I have seen here....

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    1. it takes the same amount of cloth to build a tent regardless of if you own a small part of land or the entire server. As it stands right now tents are just fluff anyway so its not like 'oh my god I need to build a tent for each homestead or I will lose the game!'

2. if your tribe doesnt have some level of rules on what structures can be built once the game goes live in short your little town is going to end up like a crack heads nightmare.

3. organizing the move of a medium to large clan is a nightmare compared to moving or leaving your 4 bins filled with cloth scraps you used to level up tailoring whenever you personally feel like it.

never the less, if you think the power gamers way to go for a clan is not to have homesteads all over the place then I suppose you have the right to that view point. I on the other hand....

friend none of your answers disprove anything i have have said or even offer a counter argument

1; the same rulea apply for a tribe there.

2; Thats just an opinion of the way your tribe or yourself need to structure. many tribes will flourish by starting adhoc then adding as they go along. its just a preference of each to thier own.

3; my tribe moved and it was simple...each person in the tribe looked after thier own stuff...exactly the same as a homesteader would need to alone...only difference was that once we settled, we had a lot more resources to play with as we had pretty much every skill you could need.

I have no opinion of " power gamers " whatsoever! i play games, i dont rush to max level and stuff. i take it as it comes and just enjoy games

But your right about my view point friend and i hope you respect the fact that i do have a right to it as i respect yours

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    Having made the above post, I'll ask you to think about this as well. In your own neighborhood, how many people do you think you could instantly transport into the wilderness, and they would survive? How many people who live on your street have skills that transfer into a survival and bushcraft scenario? In modern Western society, you probably mostly have people who work in offices or other non-industrial jobs. You will have a construction worker or two, maybe someone who can plant a garden, perhaps an auto mechanic or hobbyist, and maybe even an authority figure like a police officer.

Point being, most of the skills we use here in the west are useless in the woods. The percentage of people who would have transferable skills, along with the will to survive in such a scenario would be tiny at best. If you happen to be one of those people lucky enough to survive and you banded together with a group, you would have a seriously random group of people who's most likely reason for survival was not their skill set, but their mindset. Psychology is king in survival situations.
    you raise a great point there!
    Psychology will be the success factor in Xyson. Strengh of mind and not skills will set tribes/homesteaders and players appart.

Your right, we probably wouldnt have the skills needed for survival after an apocolypse. or rather most of us wouldnt.
    haha us gamers would probably be the survivors as our mindset is to go with the simple important skills first and feed and shelter ourselves.

Games save lives!