Quote Originally Posted by shukes View Post
I think you misread the intention of my post friend

It was meant to start a different agnled discussion over the whole who starts with what conversation.
But in anser to your question....no i would prefer if we all started at skill level 1 in every skill, even totem making i prefer to do things the difficult way to be honest. i hate anything in games that makes mechainics easier...like headstarts for tribes!

Hey heres an idea!
Let tribes have thier headstarts to get thier favoured patch of land, but give the solo player immunity to pvp untill they are allowed to plant thier totems...that way they are not left vulnerable to losing everything before they have chance to start!

Had anyone thought of the fact that by not allowing homesteaders to plant at the start...they are also left very vulnerable to lose everything they own, as they have no place to set up home.
homestead aside for a moment it is true that you could lose all your tools and within an hour of game play find yourself requiring the assistance of others. Having said that, that can happen as a member of a large tribe too.

But even with that point aside the more important point I want to make is that its not realistically possible to create a game that allows solo players to do everything while at the same time having a system that is interdependent, regardless of what the developer might have stated or thinks.

The two forumlas are in direct opposition from each other and creating a balance between the advantages of group play with solo play is never an easy task.

Now, with that said, you do understand that homesteads actually provide a stronger advantage per person then tribes do, correct? Or have you thought that part thru?