Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Because majority of the people here are professional game developers, Jeeze, doncha' know mang!

Serious though, everyone has an opinion.

There is two class of gamers a) Gamers that play a game for what it is (More professional and true hardcore gamers, like us)
    b) Gamers that are lazy and want everything innovated in a way it can be done one handed or macro'd (Very amature, young, and plain lazy.)

There you have it boss. Hope this helps simmer you down about the influx of different types of players.

heh, YES!

It really is reason over angst, access over "rights" and play and enjoy what you have over believing that if you scream loud enough you will get mommy to pick you up and give you a cookie.

Little children throw a fit when they think it will get them what the think they want. But those same little children do not understand the consequences of what they ask for.

If you ask for changes ( whatever they are ) that change the game so much that most players move on to other games, your precious prize becomes worthless and ends. That is a fact as has been shown many times in other games. It is a very tricky thing to hit the nail on the head when it comes to what most of your players want and will put up with.

So for Jordi and crew seem to be doing a nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    This is getting ridiculous.... Jordi has tried to make changes to almost every play style that has been brought up. Why is it that one player has to say another player is doing this... or another player is doing that... I know I am, as well as many others that I have developed friendships with over the last year here, are so tired of hearing about she did this, or he did that.. just play the game! This community is filling up with allot of; "the game needs to be like this" or "the game needs to be like that" or "she touched my land" or "they looked at me wrong!"

What is wrong with you people... I enjoy playing the game the way I enjoy playing it... I don't bother anyone, and no one bothers me! I do my own thing and let others do theirs. There are allot of players like this... there are several tribes like this... why does there have to be those that come into a game and after a few days start this crap of "this is all wrong the way the dev team is doing this game, it needs to be done like this instead!" Instead of coming into a game that you have only been a part of for a few days or a few weeks demanding that things get changed or complaining about the way the game works, make a suggestion, there is a place for that! Put in some time testing, try to find a bug or something... try and be a valued part of the community instead of a pain in the &%@ to other players as well as the developers.

The original community, ones with at least 10 months of play time, on a whole are really sick of hearing about all the pvp, tribe land this tribe land that, homestead this homestead that... just think about what you're doing. Would you go to a new friends house and tell them that you don't like their furniture and tell them it needs to be moved? How about go to a new job and tell them that the building they are in is dumb and they need to change it? The last time you got pulled over for speeding, did you tell the officer that there was someone following you too close so you were speeding to get away from them? All this sounds a little ridiculous doesn't it? Well so does coming into a game and telling the dev team what to do to change it, or complaining about the way another player is playing the game.

If you don't like it, make a suggestion like the rest of us do.. or simply don't play the game.

Oh and for ToS purposes this is in no way directed at any one person or tribe.. this is in no way calling out a group of players... this is a community wide observation and I am simply sharing my thoughts on the matter. I do not need anyone to agree or disagree with me, nor do I require any flamage! It is simply a plea to the community to try and make things better here in the forums as well as in game. Guys / Girls it's just a game, play the way you want.. let others play the way they wont and please, let the dev team make the best game they can for us all!
    100% agree

Everyone just needs to relax and let the Boss put out the game.

Can I point out that a good portion of 'angst' in the forums will magically melt away once we can play for real. Right now you basically have a bunch of antsy people checking the forums at least daily if not hourly for any new information. Once the game goes live a huge group of people will only ever visit the forums when the game is down and they want to know when it will be up.

Now I'm off to find something else to do (haha like real life work which I should be doing right now). I will try to stick to my promise to myself to only check and see if there is more information on Xsyon twice more today.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvie View Post
    Can I point out that a good portion of 'angst' in the forums will magically melt away once we can play for real. Right now you basically have a bunch of antsy people checking the forums at least daily if not hourly for any new information. Once the game goes live a huge group of people will only ever visit the forums when the game is down and they want to know when it will be up.

Now I'm off to find something else to do (haha like real life work which I should be doing right now). I will try to stick to my promise to myself to only check and see if there is more information on Xsyon twice more today.
    There is also a large amount of people who will notice the game isnt for them once they are able to invest 24 hours of real play time and not just screwing around because they know a wipe is coming.

Only 3 things iam hoping for is

-archery soon
    -good server performance that can handle the game
    -that the final wipe comes soon i want to start, it is not really fun to log in and know that everything gets deleted ^^

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    This is getting ridiculous.... Jordi has tried to make changes to almost every play style that has been brought up. Why is it that one player has to say another player is doing this... or another player is doing that... I know I am, as well as many others that I have developed friendships with over the last year here, are so tired of hearing about she did this, or he did that.. just play the game! This community is filling up with allot of; "the game needs to be like this" or "the game needs to be like that" or "she touched my land" or "they looked at me wrong!"

What is wrong with you people... I enjoy playing the game the way I enjoy playing it... I don't bother anyone, and no one bothers me! I do my own thing and let others do theirs. There are allot of players like this... there are several tribes like this... why does there have to be those that come into a game and after a few days start this crap of "this is all wrong the way the dev team is doing this game, it needs to be done like this instead!" Instead of coming into a game that you have only been a part of for a few days or a few weeks demanding that things get changed or complaining about the way the game works, make a suggestion, there is a place for that! Put in some time testing, try to find a bug or something... try and be a valued part of the community instead of a pain in the &%@ to other players as well as the developers.

The original community, ones with at least 10 months of play time, on a whole are really sick of hearing about all the pvp, tribe land this tribe land that, homestead this homestead that... just think about what you're doing. Would you go to a new friends house and tell them that you don't like their furniture and tell them it needs to be moved? How about go to a new job and tell them that the building they are in is dumb and they need to change it? The last time you got pulled over for speeding, did you tell the officer that there was someone following you too close so you were speeding to get away from them? All this sounds a little ridiculous doesn't it? Well so does coming into a game and telling the dev team what to do to change it, or complaining about the way another player is playing the game.

If you don't like it, make a suggestion like the rest of us do.. or simply don't play the game.

Oh and for ToS purposes this is in no way directed at any one person or tribe.. this is in no way calling out a group of players... this is a community wide observation and I am simply sharing my thoughts on the matter. I do not need anyone to agree or disagree with me, nor do I require any flamage! It is simply a plea to the community to try and make things better here in the forums as well as in game. Guys / Girls it's just a game, play the way you want.. let others play the way they wont and please, let the dev team make the best game they can for us all!
    the existing community did a great job of fashioning the pve complexities of the game.
    Unfortunately it is apparent you did very little in the way of helping to make pvp just as intricate as the pve. We, the pvp community, are here to help correct that oversight.

We want the pvp dynamic to be just as complex and intricate as the pve models already present. A solid set of pvp mechanics is crucial to making this an actual 'world' and not just just a statatic building sim.

Unfortunately 'we' have met a lot of resistance to the concept of improving the pvp experience- and thus need t speak loudly and often to keep from getting shouted down by those that would prefer little-to-no pvp.

In the end, its the devs game, and they will build what they want. Ideally this will be a place where both groups find purpose and entertainment. Swing too far your way, we ( aand our friends and our cash) go away - too far our way and the pve /crafter group dwindles. *shrug* for us its jjust a game - for them it pays the rent....i guess we'll see how the pendelum swings in the future.

Oh, lest i forget
    Crai more n00b

Xoxo

I think the main issue right now is no one really knows what this game IS, and what it will become. In fact, there is no way for them to know, because the game will evolve organically. If I learned anything in my short time testing things out, its that we have no idea what the game will be like in six months or a year. The players will decide this. We will build a society within the game, and things will fall into place. Right now there is nothing but confusion and speculation as to what constitutes "game play".

Let them rant. In the big scheme of things, it doesn't matter. In addition, anyone who has ever played MMO games before knows that forums are universally known for attracting complainers. There will always be more complaints here than anything else, at least in the "general" themed boards.

While I have nothing but love for whichever of the grizzled 10 month vets among you convinced the devs to give solo players a chance to play in the sandbox, the tone of the OP is completely uncalled for.

But yes, milord, so sorry, milord, we filthy February joiners will be over here in the corner, waiting to speak until spoken to, from now on, milord! We'll just leave our elders and betters to discuss and debate the issues in peace now, you won't hear another peep out of us, and nary a one of us will dare tread again into another of your lofty threads or besmirch one of your polls with our lowly opinions, I promise, your magnificence!

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    While I have nothing but love for whichever of the grizzled 10 month vets among you convinced the devs to give solo players a chance to play in the sandbox, the tone of the OP is completely uncalled for.

But yes, milord, so sorry, milord, we filthy February joiners will be over here in the corner, waiting to speak until spoken to, from now on, milord! We'll just leave our elders and betters to discuss and debate the issues in peace now, you won't hear another peep out of us, and nary a one of us will dare tread again into another of your lofty threads or besmirch one of your polls with our lowly opinions, I promise, your magnificence!
    as I pointed out in another thread, given the existing game mechanics homesteads are very much the way to go. If I was running a clan with power gaming in mind homesteads for everyone is exactly what I would strongly advocate